August Hatch-A-Long!

It's great so many of you have great country blood. I like to think of it more as connected. Connected to others and to where your food comes from. I grew up in Eldon, grandparents had cattle, hogs, and poultry....along with hunting. Moved to the suburbs of St. Louis when I was 10. My other half grew up here (St. Louis suburbs), then moved to the Phoenix suburbs, moved back here.....never saw any kind of livestock or a garden that wasn't just flowers. Now he completely loves it, and so do I!

My grandkids probably have one, but not at nannys house
sad.png
$3-5 on ebay. I ordered one. I'll let you know how it works. Evil wonderful EZ Sniper.

I picked up my Croad Langshan eggs. The ones that lay plum colored eggs. Mine are not plum because it is end of the season and the color lightens like Marans eggs. But they will still hatch out plum layers. After the the mess with my last batch I was so nervous. The were my first pricey eggs. They are is pretty good condition for being shipped. Woo hoo! I am so relieved. I pick up my Legbar eggs in person in a few days.

Quote: my husband is "ALMOST" as in love with them as me....he has his favorites...he puts the dogs out and brings the 2 frizzles in to sit with him and he does the same with the peachick....he always babysits if a new one is hollering we sit and hold them to comfort them while they nap...and he does as much of the caring for them as I do...watering and putting to bed....that man fenced in a third of an acre chicken proofed so they could free range somewhat safely..

I picked up my Croad Langshan eggs. The ones that lay plum colored eggs. Mine are not plum because it is end of the season and the color lightens like Marans eggs. But they will still hatch out plum layers. After the the mess with my last batch I was so nervous. The were my first pricey eggs. They are is pretty good condition for being shipped. Woo hoo! I am so relieved. I pick up my Legbar eggs in person in a few days.
when I read your post my heart skipped...I don't have any of those!! but I have to wait until next year! but I want!!

when I read your post my heart skipped...I don't have any of those!! but I have to wait until next year! but I want!!
The lady I bought them from was very nice and I think her prices are very reasonable. Still my most expensive so far. This picture are eggs from her chickens. Mine don't look like this, mine are end of season color. I have 3 white, 5 Black and 7 Blue. The Blacks and Blues are from 2 different lines. I really hope I don't mess up this one.

but I want to try to breed an auto sexing lilac egg layer. Big dreams but I have time...

im on day 19 with my broody silkie and one egg exploded alot of the eother eggs are covered in it should i wash the other eggs will it ruin my hatch its day 19 now

I'm on day 13 of my hatch. The lady I got my silkies from keeps her humidity at 60-65%, while my bator instructions state 50-55%. Anywho, I went with what she said and so far so good. I had 1 quitter 2 nights ago and the rest (10) are showing movement. My question is if I've had the humidity set at that, and I know I must increase during lockdown in the last 3 days, what do I set it at? 80-85%???

Back
Top Bottom