August Hatch-A-Long!

Of course I will be posting pics as soon as these fluffballs come out. I'm so eager to see what I get. The hens are whites & the roo is blue cream
celebrate.gif

my husband is "ALMOST" as in love with them as me....he has his favorites...he puts the dogs out and brings the 2 frizzles in to sit with him and he does the  same with the peachick....he always babysits if a new one is hollering we sit and hold them to comfort them while they nap...and he does as much of the caring for them as I do...watering and putting to bed....that man fenced in a third of an acre chicken proofed so they could free range somewhat safely..

Awesome!

im on day 19 with my broody silkie and one egg exploded alot of the eother eggs are covered in it should i wash the other eggs will it ruin my hatch its day 19 now 

OMG that is just awful! I am inexperienced but I think I read back in this thread that you have to be cautious because washing them a certain way can actually introduce bacteria into the shells. Best to search back thru this thread for the word exploded, or similar.

So sorry!

Last edited:
Do you think that I could place my bator chicks that will be born 1 week earlier than my chicks hatched by broody in with them a day or so after those have hatched? Or should I keep them separated. I'd like the hens to raise them but not if there's going to be casualties.
hmm.png

What I want to know is how does a hen turn up the humidity??  

Have you ever sat on a leather chair in shorts on a warm day? Your legs sweat...perhaps mama hen can either sweat or cause condensation when her bare skin (she plucks her feathers on the underside) comes in direct contact with the eggs.

I really have no idea but that sounded good, lol.:p

Back
Top Bottom