August Hatch-A-Long!

Culled 6 clear eggs today (day 15) and marked air cells on the first set of eggs, they go to lockdown on Thursday, and will be setting 13 SFH tonight or tomorrow morning. Then just need to actually have a good weekend to get down to TN for the other eggs we want!

I am so excited! I just got shipping notice from CatDance that my 18 silkie eggs are on their way. My new Brinsea incubator will be delivered tomorrow, so i wont have to use this Hovabator with the wafer thermostat that wont hold the right temp more than a day without adjustments needed. Luckily i am home every day or my 7 in the incubator now wouldnt have made it this far. They are going into lockdown in 2 days!
my 7 eggs go into lockdown thursday aswell
big_smile.png

Candles to see air cells. They are bigger now, I took out some water in the incubator. Can't see much in the eggs now, just have to wait five days and find out if they hatch. So exciting!
I am on another thread where someone had a similar scenario, and one of the really experienced hatchers suggested adding 5 lbs of dry rice to the bator to reduce the humidity as much as possible to try to save the hatch from drowning before lockdown. You could try that if the air cells don't look on target.

Okay! I've got the bator cleaned, set up, and warming. I will put eggs in tonight, since the last hatch went so well. I LOVE my ReptiPro6000!

Which will put hatch day at, August 20th. Is my math correct?

I've got 13 mixed eggs going in. The hens are an Ameracauna, a Buff Orpington, and a RIR. The roosters are both New Hampshires. I was hoping to get a dozen pure from a friend but she's filling a large order right now. So I will hatch these while they're still good.

Im on day 16 one of my eggs are wiggling dose this mean im getting and early hatch or is it normal am i going to have a july hatch or august there due date is 4th of augest

Jam, I had two of this last batch hatch on day 19. It's possible it could be a little early. If they're shipping, they could have started developing a little earlier if they got hot on the way to you. Good luck!

Jam, I had two of this last batch hatch on day 19. It's possible it could be a little early. If they're shipping, they could have started developing a little earlier if they got hot on the way to you. Good luck!
there not shipped no i got them at a fair in my town and one silkie egg is my own :D

This is my first hatch along, my second time hatching though. I just had my first eggs hatch at day 20 and the last one hatched on day 21.

These are the three chicks! Two Easter Eggers and a Barred Rock x Easter Egger. They all have pea combs and hatched from green eggs :D I had a 100% hatch rate and just set more eggs yesterday.

They are set to hatch August 19th :) hopefully these ones are all EE x BR

Well I had a chick hatch while I was asleep last night, day 15! I guess the eggs started developing before I bought them?

I had another egg chirping loudly and zipping down the egg. I was watching closely, but just checked on it. It just drowned :(
Is this because I left them in the egg turner? I was just so surprised that they're hatching early and I had several pips, I didn't know if I could move them on their side since many had already started pipping.

Back
Top Bottom