August Hatch-A-Long!

one of my eggs had a moving embryo in it on sunday night and lots of veins.now it has no veins and the chick isnt moving. its day 9 of incubation. whats happened?? :s

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP?

I decided to try a staggered hatch, in the same incubator. So I had eggs in lockdown that hatched, while I also had eggs in the egg turner still developing. I have had the humidity high for almost a week now.

Well my first batch of eggs hatched. I just checked on my second batch that's still in the egg turner. I saw two pips! Lockdown isn't supposed to be until Thursday. So this is day 15. How is this possible? What do I need to do, leave them in the egg turner or move them to the hatching tray?

If i understand you correctly, you have two incubators, one with a turner and one for lockdown. Why nit move the pipping egg to lockdown? If the others seem to be ahead of schedule as well then move them to lockdown as well.

one of my eggs had a moving embryo in it on sunday night and lots of veins.now it has no veins and the chick isnt moving. its day 9 of incubation. whats happened?? :s 

Do not toss it. From my experience some times you see them move other times you don't. Nothing is wrong, the chick may be sleeping. The bigger they get the less movement you see. Next time you check you might see movement.

I believe she has only one bator and is just talking about the tray in the bottom, but I could be wrong.

If i understand you correctly, you have two incubators, one with a turner and one for lockdown. Why nit move the pipping egg to lockdown? If the others seem to be ahead of schedule as well then move them to lockdown as well.
Yes, just one incubator. It's cabinet style, with an egg turner and separate hatching tray. I left them in the egg turner overnight and one hatched. Another one was pipping down into the egg, and drown.
So I just moved all the eggs to the hatching tray, and within a half hour another hatched.
This is only day 15, so I am still surprised with all of this!

I candled my eggs last night on day 10 and from the looks I had around 8 clears, 3 early quitters and a blood ring. The other 11 seemed to be progressing nicely and I even saw some movement and heart beats!
yesss.gif
Here's hoping I can get a few to lockdown. These were shipped eggs in my homemade incubator and my first incubation so I'll be ecstatic if I can get even 1 to hatch. Of course I'd rather have more than one so no one will be alone.
fl.gif
If it doesn't turn out I'll try again with my girls' eggs now that I know Hellion is doing his job.
big_smile.png

Yes, just one incubator.  It's cabinet style, with an egg turner and separate hatching tray. I left them in the egg turner overnight and one hatched.  Another one was pipping down into the egg, and drown. 
So I just moved all the eggs to the hatching tray, and within a half hour another hatched. 
That is wild! I would guess the temp was a little higher than it said maybe?

Yes, just one incubator. It's cabinet style, with an egg turner and separate hatching tray. I left them in the egg turner overnight and one hatched. Another one was pipping down into the egg, and drown.

You see this a lot in Summer months. These eggs were started before you put them in incubator. They can reach 99 degrees and begin and then cool off for a cpl days and it not effect the embryo

I candled my eggs last night on day 10 and from the looks I had around 8 clears, 3 early quitters and a blood ring. The other 11 seemed to be progressing nicely and I even saw some movement and heart beats!
yesss.gif
Here's hoping I can get a few to lockdown. These were shipped eggs in my homemade incubator and my first incubation so I'll be ecstatic if I can get even 1 to hatch. Of course I'd rather have more than one so no one will be alone.
fl.gif
If it doesn't turn out I'll try again with my girls' eggs now that I know Hellion is doing his job.
big_smile.png
Fingers crossed!

Back
Top Bottom