August Hatch-A-Long!

I would! but it won't hurt to leave them in either! how many now?
They're almost completely dry and fluffy. 4 good ones, with the one iffy already placed under the brooder- I don't think he's gonna make it, but as long as he's fighting I'll fight there with him. Then 2 more are trying to come out and those are the ones that the others are pecking at.

My hens chicks are going to hatch in 2 days! Saturday is hatch day!!!! I cant wait!
ya.gif

My 6 quail were due yesterday, my 2 Easter Eggers today and 9 guineas tomorrow. I have not opened the incubator once in 3 days. Ihave kept the it at 100-101' and 63-65% humidity. I am going to raise it because I of the guineas. I still don't have one pip but these are eggs that were in Incubators when I had the temp issues.

I am sad to announce that I'm shutting down the bator until spring. That and I don't think I'll ever try to hatch shipped eggs again, I had 2 Black Copper Marans successfully hatch out of 14 eggs. I pulled 6 duds out at day 14. Some shells were so dark I could barely see what was going on, so 4 early deaths made it to lock down (I am still learning, this is only my 4th bator hatch). 1 looked perfectly fine after eggtopsy except the yolk wasn't completely absorbed. The other egg, I'm not sure WHAT happened, I want your opinions if the issues were just genetic or I did something horribly wrong.

I only had 2 of my flocks eggs not hatch out of the 14 that made it to lockdown, I think they were malpositioned and drowned?

Here are the horrible, shipped Marans eggs

And here is the deformed chick, its white not black, has a crooked jaw, and only 1 eye.

JUST A QUICK Q????????

I go into lockdowwn tomorrow with a brinsea hatchmaker, i have been running at 102.0.

in the last 12 hours my temp seems to have risen to 102.3 -102.4

my question is do i need to adjust the temp for lockdown??????????

p.s. its my first hatch

JUST A QUICK Q???????? I go into lockdowwn tomorrow with a brinsea hatchmaker, i have been running at 102.0. in the last 12 hours my temp seems to have risen to 102.3 -102.4 my question is do i need to adjust the temp for lockdown?????????? p.s. its my first hatch
Ummm, welll if you are just locking down- well, no, because a few .1 or .2 degrees won't hurt the chick, make sure their is plenty of moisture in the incubator so chicks don't stick to the shell.
I am sad to announce that I'm shutting down the bator until spring. That and I don't think I'll ever try to hatch shipped eggs again, I had 2 Black Copper Marans successfully hatch out of 14 eggs. I pulled 6 duds out at day 14. Some shells were so dark I could barely see what was going on, so 4 early deaths made it to lock down (I am still learning, this is only my 4th bator hatch). 1 looked perfectly fine after eggtopsy except the yolk wasn't completely absorbed. The other egg, I'm not sure WHAT happened, I want your opinions if the issues were just genetic or I did something horribly wrong. I only had 2 of my flocks eggs not hatch out of the 14 that made it to lockdown, I think they were malpositioned and drowned? Here are the horrible, shipped Marans eggs And here is the deformed chick, its white not black, has a crooked jaw, and only 1 eye.
I highly doubt that was because of you, it sounds that one is highly disformed- don't buy Maran eggs from that place again. I think it is genetics, but how many eggs total did you hatch with flock eggs?

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom