August Hatch-A-Long!

So we went and picked up the eggs I won on ebay from The Old Farm House and I had a lovely visit with Heather, the owner, and got to see all her amazing breeds! I came home with more than enough eggs to replace my tragic Sweet Potato Quechua and Colloncas eggs. I am still trying to determine exactly what I came home with, LOL! I sent her a message for help :D Looks like I have the possibility of hatching:

3 Appenzeller Spitzhaubens (Black)
3 Appenzeller Barthuhners (Partridge)
3 Mille Fleur Leghorns
3 Isbars
2 Blue/Lavender Orpingtons
3 Swedish Flower Hens
2 - maybe 4 Crested Cream Legbars (Not sure of the initials on 2 of them)
And 1 mystery one that looks like it may say FY :D

So, not South American but still lovely and rare - and I won ALL THAT for $35!! :eek: One of those times I really LOVE ebay :celebrate AND since they were NOT shipped I have half a hope of actually having a decent hatch :fl

So we went and picked up the eggs I won on ebay from The Old Farm House and I had a lovely visit with Heather, the owner, and got to see all her amazing breeds! I came home with more than enough eggs to replace my tragic Sweet Potato Quechua and Colloncas eggs. I am still trying to determine exactly what I came home with, LOL! I sent her a message for help :D Looks like I have the possibility of hatching:

3 Mille Fleur Leghorns
3 Isbars
3 Swedish Flower Hens
And 1 mystery one that looks like it may say FY :D

So, not South American but still lovely and rare - and I won ALL THAT for $35!! :eek: One of those times I really LOVE ebay :celebrate AND since they were NOT shipped I have half a hope of actually having a decent hatch :fl

Nice deal!!! Hope they all hatch!!!

Well my broody's ended up with 3 chicks out of 13. I'm happy with the outcome considering it's my first time with them. I'll learn from the mistakes and make necessary improvements for next time. Pics to come soon.

Well my broody's ended up with 3 chicks out of 13. I'm happy with the outcome considering it's my first time with them. I'll learn from the mistakes and make necessary improvements for next time. Pics to come soon.

I had a broody that sat on eggs, she was in a box high above the ground. BIG mistake. When a chick would fall down, she would go down there, off her eggs and protect it. Therefore, all the other embryos died :( So she hatched 2 chicks, one died early, a day after hatching. The other was about 1-2 months old when it died- assuming hot Summer days caused it.

So we went and picked up the eggs I won on ebay from The Old Farm House and I had a lovely visit with Heather, the owner, and got to see all her amazing breeds! I came home with more than enough eggs to replace my tragic Sweet Potato Quechua and Colloncas eggs. I am still trying to determine exactly what I came home with, LOL! I sent her a message for help
big_smile.png
Looks like I have the possibility of hatching:

3 Mille Fleur Leghorns
3 Isbars
3 Swedish Flower Hens
And 1 mystery one that looks like it may say FY
big_smile.png

So, not South American but still lovely and rare - and I won ALL THAT for $35!!
ep.gif
One of those times I really LOVE ebay
celebrate.gif
AND since they were NOT shipped I have half a hope of actually having a decent hatch
fl.gif
I bid on some like that a few weeks ago. Went to high for me since they were being shipped. I can't wait to see how they do. Maybe the FY stands for Egyptian Fayoumi?

So we went and picked up the eggs I won on ebay from The Old Farm House and I had a lovely visit with Heather, the owner, and got to see all her amazing breeds! I came home with more than enough eggs to replace my tragic Sweet Potato Quechua and Colloncas eggs. I am still trying to determine exactly what I came home with, LOL! I sent her a message for help
big_smile.png
Looks like I have the possibility of hatching:

3 Mille Fleur Leghorns
3 Isbars
3 Swedish Flower Hens
And 1 mystery one that looks like it may say FY
big_smile.png

So, not South American but still lovely and rare - and I won ALL THAT for $35!!
ep.gif
One of those times I really LOVE ebay
celebrate.gif
AND since they were NOT shipped I have half a hope of actually having a decent hatch
fl.gif
Good luck with your new eggs!

Back
Top Bottom