August Hatch-A-Long!

Well I forgot my good news too today complaining about my one assist with a bad leg that died last night

Longest hatch I have ever had. and last this year.......... well actually 2 hatches really close together..
Started Friday 3 ....first were due Sat ok.....continued until Sunday-Monday more hatched in another bator
Today my last 2 eggs..I almost turned the bator off this morning after taking the others out but one said due today so kept bator on .No hope really was a small egg so didn't think it would hatch but left it on anyway in case of a miracle...Later peep peep!! Here another tiny Lav Am
The last egg was shaped funny and a stain on it that looked weird ..I would have turned it off as it was due yesterday but little new guy had to be kept warm while he dried Later Peep peep..why was the LAM peeping so loudly? Go over the last ugly egg had hatched too HAHA.
Everyone in that late hatch bator hatched about 6 I think So total head count was 17 out of 22 eggs. AND all are sold but 2 .this was my last hatch for the year...but it sure lures you in to do more..but NO NO NO!!!! Cant Been hatching steady for almost 1 1/2 years weeky gotta stop someplace until spring.....Hope I can!!
wee.gif
jumpy.gif

These are the mystery chicks I hatched on the 2nd of August (now 3-1/2 weeks old). Anyone know what they are now?

Here is a cockerel I am sure. He has a much bigger, red comb already and he is hateful to the smaller Silkie chicks. The girls are so nice, they don't peck them at all.

And here are two of the girls, One other one isn't pictured but she looks the same as the light colored one. They both have very reddish undersides so this picture doesn't show them very well but they move too fast for better shots.

What ever these chicks are it is a fast growing breed because they are towering over the other chicks hatched just a few days after these and they are way bigger than my chickens were at 3-1/2 weeks. They eat mega amounts of food as well. I feel pretty fortunate to have 3 girls out of the 4 chicks. The cockerel will have to go soon, he is just too mean to the little chicks so I can't let them be together. I let him out of the little chick pen, into the chicken run and they were mean to him. I thought that would teach him to not pick on the smaller ones, but it didn't. He went inside and sulked for about 10 minutes then came right back out and started pecking all the smaller chicks again...grrr.

Back
Top Bottom