Augusta Maine Chicken swap/ farm days Saturday March 30th 2013

hoppy

I'm not all fluff
12 Years
May 5, 2007
central maine
The Swap season is just starting and here is the info for the Augusta Swap that will be held on March 30th, Saturday at the Augusta Tractor Supply. 420 Civic Center Drive, 621-2800
8:30-1:00 pm come stay as long as you want, leave when you are done, just clean up your area so we will be invited back.
All people are expected to provide food and water for their animals and the state says any chicks under 8 weeks old must be sold in lots of 6 chicks. Please sure to have a way to keep any young chicks warm if you are bringing them to a swap as this time of year can be pretty cold in the parking lot. Wind barriers work great, cardboard, plastic sheeting etc.

to find more swaps,
here is a link to a list that I will try to keep updated.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/maine-chicken-swaps-stocks-and-shows-2013

Last edited:
people show up with what they have to sell from the farm, be it chickens, chicks, ducks,rabbits, piglets, eggs, honey, crafts, cages etc. and others show up looking to buy, maybe trade. not as much trading as buying and selling. each swap is different, every time. you never know who is going to show and with what. the animals must be healthy and if you set up to sell, you need to clean up your area when you leave so we can be invited back the next time. we will try to have one of these every month a this location from march to oct/nov, depending on the weather. even if it rains, people still show up. my advise, if you are looking to buy, come early for best selection. many vendors sell out the first few swaps and pack up and leave when they are done. my first swap, I arrived at 11:00, big mistake, everything was gone except about 3 birds. apparently it was packed earlier.bring plenty of cash, and boxes. those seem to be in short supply on swap day. don't expect people to reserve items for you without paying, there will be someone come right after that will pay now and take it.

I'm probably just going to sell. Are there a lot of npip tested birds usually? Sounds fun anyway I will be there. Wanted to have one in Bangor but then I moved to augusta anyway just haven't had the chance to go to any yet

you will have to ask the people selling if they are NPIP. it is not a requirement at a swap. I do know that some are but you never know who will show up.
I'm probably just going to sell. Are there a lot of npip tested birds usually? Sounds fun anyway I will be there. Wanted to have one in Bangor but then I moved to augusta anyway just haven't had the chance to go to any yet

I will probably go with some rabbits and some chickens, or basically whatever I have at the time. I've been cleaning out the coops and ready to get some more animals. I've been waiting for the swaps to start. I really hope there is a good turnout

If all goes well we will be there with a whole bunch of little fuzzy butts! They will be mostly ameracaunas but some will be mutts and we will have some light sussex!

I will have silkies, rare paints, champagnes and a few black and blues. i have several beautiful silkie roosters looking for new homes, paints, and blacks, these guys are proven and ready to go. Nice quality. also some young orpingtons and wyandottes and a pair of sizzles, smooth hen, curly roo- as a pair only. I will reserve any birds but they have to be picked either prior to the swap or by 9:00 unless prepaid.

Last edited:
I will be bringing some barred rock hens and roosters, possibly a polish rooster If I cannot find him a home ahead of time, and a little boy black rabbit who is the sweetest thing!! I will also have some cages and such, and possibly some more animals depending on what happens until the 30th

Back
Top Bottom