Augusta Maine Poultry/ Farm Days Swap at Tractor supply 2012

the swap went pretty good. alot of sellers. alot of buyers looking for young pol pullets. there was alot of barnyard mix young not laying yet pullets forsale. me and my brother bought 17 of those between the two of us and they were only asking 5.00 a piece what a steal lol. i ended up getting 5 for my friend and 3 for me. there were 3 goats they got sold too.

Wow that is an awesome price for pullets. No idea how they can sell for that low, but great job scooping them up. They'll pay you back within 3 months of laying!

What a great turn-out! There were so many people there!
clap.gif
It was reeeeeally hard not coming home with anything -- the rabbits and geese especially! *chuckle* Even my husband had a hard time leaving a handsome red rabbit there. I had to keep chanting, "Not until next year... Not until next year..."

I hope you all did well!!

next swap is August 25th, this saturday 8:30-1
hope to see lots of people there, whos coming and what are you bringing??

I will be bringing a bunch of honey and maybe some other things. Not sure yet. Will anyone be bringing any blue, green or white egg layers ? I need to add some more color to my egg basket. I have some RIR pullets I would like to trade.

I don't have much to bring, some paint and plain silkies, an african grey parrot and I'll have to see what else I have. arrangements can be made prior for the grey, which does talk very well.

We are going to try to go for a little while, still no heavy lifting yet and a little sore, so just Sarah doing it all. Will probably just bring some guinea pigs, a few dwarf rabbits and maybe a couple pairs of chickens, not sure what yet. Will not be able to set up the ez-up and only a few to shade will be better.

Have lots of birds to still let go and pick up arrangements can sure be made. Have of bantams, mostly moderns and d'anvers. Lots of pigeons and some adult and baby muscovy ducks.

Oh yeah, hoppy keep that grey far far away :) Actually she is looking for a smaller conure, like a green cheek. She just had a nanday given to her a couple months ago and it has taken to me,

then I probably shouldn't tell you I have a pair of pineapple greencheeks for sale too but they will be at home.
if you want to bring your ez up, I'll get some help and put it up for you. there is always someone that is willing to lend a hand at the swaps.

We are going to try to go for a little while, still no heavy lifting yet and a little sore, so just Sarah doing it all. Will probably just bring some guinea pigs, a few dwarf rabbits and maybe a couple pairs of chickens, not sure what yet. Will not be able to set up the ez-up and only a few to shade will be better.

Have lots of birds to still let go and pick up arrangements can sure be made. Have of bantams, mostly moderns and d'anvers. Lots of pigeons and some adult and baby muscovy ducks.

Oh yeah, hoppy keep that grey far far away :) Actually she is looking for a smaller conure, like a green cheek. She just had a nanday given to her a couple months ago and it has taken to me,

Last edited:
then I probably shouldn't tell you I have a pair of pineapple greencheeks for sale too but they will be at home.
if you want to bring your ez up, I'll get some help and put it up for you. there is always someone that is willing to lend a hand at the swaps.

OK. That is bad, very bad.... Sent you a PM
big_smile.png

ok, I did the final sort tonight. I will have one paint silkie cockeral, 1 blue silkie, 1 blue slicky (smooth sizzle) and maybe 1 white silkie, no guarantee on sex on any of these except the paint cockeral.
also the african grey "Slick" will be with me as well looking for a home.

Back
Top Bottom