Augusta Maine Poultry/ Farm Days Swap at Tractor supply 2012

i have a 11 week old white leghorn rooster forsale for $10. i can bring to the swap tommorow if anyone is interested.

200x200px-ZC-979dd411_wayneschickens5-19-2012087.jpeg
200x200px-ZC-363c49ca_wayneschickens5-19-2012088.jpeg
200x200px-ZC-8c95af1a_wayneschickens5-19-2012068.jpeg

went to the swap for 2 hours sold the rooster in the first hour. i also picked up a couple 10 week old pullets with the money i got for the roo. so a win win . it was getting hot so i left early. i got a deleware pullet and a buff cross pullet. id say there were about 15 vendors selling today .

I had an enjoyable day sold most of my birds in the last 1/2 hour. that seems to be the way today, either sold early or sold late but quiet the in between hours. it was nice to be out with friendly folks.

I am looking for full sized Rhodes island red and a barred rock roosters. Both under one year old and not overly aggressive. We don't want our girls beat up. Lol

If anyone has anything please send us a private message. We can come pick them up.

I have this posted in the regular 'Maine' thread, but wanted to add it to the local chicken swap notices, also. We are about 45 minutes from Augusta.

FREE ROOSTER (like there aren't enough out there, already - right?!)

2 yr-old Blue-Laced Red Wyandotte. One of Hoppy's lines. (Check out his pictures!)
***edited, as I stand corrected by his original Mama - He's dark, but he's BLUE!
big_smile.png

He is big and he is beautiful and he is an excellent rooster. Unfortunately, since I free range our birds, my daughter (almost 2) is not able to "free" play outside because this guy goes after her...EVERY time. He knows better than to bother me, he steers clear of hubby, and he has no problem with our dog & cat who are always out & about with the chickens, but our little girl must be just the 'right' size that he sees her as a threat/competition/SOMETHING!

Hubby has given the ultimatum that we either re-home him or he will have a new home in our freezer. I hate to see such a BEAUTIFUL rooster killed in the prime of his life and I'm hoping that somebody will take him?

He is FREE, you just have to come get him...and catch him (not an issue in the morning before they go out for the day). We live in Nobleboro - between Bath & Rockland and not far from Augusta. The original deadline given by hubby was tomorrow, but I have gotten him an extension to the weekend, so please let me know if there is any interest!!

I will have some EE's black and blues, 1 black orp pullet, some blue silkies (if I can get them away from my son) maybe a blue lace wyandotte cockeral and a cage. i can do hatching eggs if anyone is still hatching but need to know prior (and not the night prior)

Anyone wanting good quality Silkies let me know and I can bring them to the swap. Colors I have are; Splash, White, Blue, Black, and a Partridge show girl hen. Prices range from $20. to $40.
My silkies are out of top breeders. I am NPIP & AI tested. Anyone wanting more than one we can work out a deal! All must go soon!

Anyone looking for pullets, I've got some that are about 13 weeks old now, faces just starting to get red. Should be laying within 6 weeks.

Mixed breeds (maybe pure, swap eggs so who knows), some turken, some EE.

Must go soon, getting tired of feeding them.

Back
Top Bottom