Auracana or ameracauna????

Ok if marans x auracanas =olive eggers, do i understand correctly that easter eggers = auracanas x any of the above mentioned breeds except leghorns and marans??

Olive Eggers are also Easter Eggers. They just happen to be EEs produced by crossing a blue egg layer with a chocolate egg layer. The resulting offspring is an EE that lays olive colored eggs and is referred to as an Olive Egger. There is a good article explaining this at http://www.the-chicken-chick.com/2011/09/ameraucana-easter-egger-or-araucana.html.

Thank you for the responses, is lavender a recognised colour?

Lavender is not an officially recognized color for Ameraucanas by the APA or the Ameraucana Breeders Association, but there are Ameraucana breeders who are breeding them and working to get them officially recognized.

I have two black Auracana hens. Both rumpless and go broody at the drop of a hat :). One lays blue eggs, the other lays olive eggs. Both were bought from a respected breeder in Grabouw. Feisty, full of fun and great moms. Would love a lavender hen or three. Let us know how the brteeding goes. I'd be keen to cross my RIR rooster with them.

Hi I live in Hermanus, Western Cape. It would be amazing to get a few fertilised eggs or a two hens ? :) Where are you based?

Back
Top Bottom