1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Aussie with rose comb?

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by Miss Red, Sep 22, 2010.

1. Miss Red

Miss Red Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    Trinity, Texas
    I just got two more aussie chicks, the little roo has a blue/purple sheen instead of the green and I just noticed he has a rose comb... As soon as I get the bugger caught again (hes off scratching by the horses) I will get a picture. Until then, heres a good description...

Body of a cornish, crows blue sheen, thick long legs, bright red ROSE comb, he's much smaller body wise than my aussie roo was at that age... About 10 weeks old. Definitely a something though, because the lady got him from a hatchery though didn't say which. He was traded for two sussex roos that she wanted for meat birds.

any ideas? I'm trying to her the escapees back into the coop.

2. Goose and Fig

Goose and Fig Grateful Geese

Apr 19, 2009
    Fall Creek Falls TN
    Sure he's not a wyandotte? What color are his legs?

3. Miss Red

Miss Red Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2010
    Trinity, Texas
    I am thinking he is, now that it's been said. He has the same body type as my SLW cockerals around his age, only not as colorful. His legs are an off yellow with some black, like theirs. I just wasn't sure there was black wyandottes. >< guess I could google it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by