Australia Here! Anyone else?!

Hi...i don't know if this counts...but I am an Aussie who now lives in Colorado, USA...but will always think of Sydney (and somewhat Canberra) as home.

We have bought a small farm (5 acres) north of Denver which has views over the rocky mountains. It snows here (which sucks) way too much over winter. Last year we have 2 feet of snow for almost three months.

We have three chickens, a rooster, two horses, two dogs, two cats, two gerbils (strange hairy mouses) and a 9 week old baby girl! We have wild coyoties that howl some nights, tons of rabbits and the occasional eagle/hawk. We have seen some snakes (but they don't seem to kill you when they bite you over here
tongue.png
).

We miss Australia and hope one day to come down and set up a farm.....

Gary and jen

Thanks....we had a white Christmas last year...and would rather a snag, a tinny and a relax on the beach than a white christmas any time!

Gary is from Australia...and misses it
I am from Maine USA (which is way colder and more snowy than colorado)...and misses Australia too!

Gidday me old mate Pringle,
No I dont like the heat unless Im near a nice pool.
I usually need to have 3 cool showers during the day to cool off or put my feet in a bucket of cold water and sit under the pear tree.
If all else fails I head to the pub!

what do you eat on a white christmas?

I have no idea...last year it was almost just vegemite sangers! It was fun but simple...

However...i miss the prawns, leg ham and bread rolls. I also miss the Boxing Day tradition of driving to Durras Lake (NSW South Coast) for a coupld of weeks on the beach....ahhhh....lets hope its not another bloody white chistmas!

Gary and Jen

Durras Lake??? are you serious? that is OUR spot too!! we rent a house right near the boat ramp it is so close that we can take our coffee across the road when we go fishing.
We always book the last weeks of January, Ill bet we have met at the ramp!!
That is fantastic, where did you stay?
We usually go to Oma's house for a huge Austrian banquet on Christmas day.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom