Australia Here! Anyone else?!

I spent 2 weeks in Australia in 2000, our honeymoon.
I've wanted to move there ever since-enough said!
Maybe one of these day-hey any of you want to adopt a......

Quote:
WOW...its a really small world!

We have a caravan in Lakesea Park. I have been going to Durras since I was a baby (like my father before me). Jen has been a few times. I guess we will not make it till April this year. So the van stays empty most of the year.

I just love the place. One day we should try and move to a small farm closeby....

Hope you guys have fun this January!

Thanks,
We used to stay at Lakesea in the good old days when we were allowed to take our dog, its really changed there now,
staff are very different to the old owners.
Theres going to be a full moon when we go Jewfishing on the main beach.
There was a guy who caught a huge one 2 years ago and they were going to store the fish at Lakesea until Easter then share it around the park.
Do you go prawning at the lake? its like a party atmosphere watching all the lights along the lake, i love it.
The house which we rent is right next to lakesea so I go there for my supplies.
Do you have a boat? I faintly recall chatting to an American guy a few times at the boatramp!!
On Australia day last year I put my old sequined evening gown on to go fishing at the boatramp in, just for a laugh!!!

Last edited:
Quote:
Aw, I just read your post - I am SO jealous of you guys! I can just imagine the space and the fresh air. I absolutley LOVE snow! I used to live on the Gold Coast in QLD, but the heat was literally killing me - (I suffer with migraines and the heat brought them on worse I believe). I relocated to Tasmania, and haven't looked back! We usually get a light dusting of snow each winter, and I just love it! But I guess if the snow blocked up the doors and made getting about hard, I might change my mind on that! I used to have gerbils as pets when I was a kid in the UK... LOL them and hampsters! As those guys aren't allowed (I think that is the case) in Oz, I own rats instead! Viva la furballs!!!!
big_smile.png

Hi Ya!

I LOVE Tassy....but when we move back we will be looking for a place with NO SNOW!
big_smile.png

The snow started to fall here a few days before Christmas, then we had a few inches top up just after Christmas. We still have 4-6 inches over the farm. The horses water freezes every day and we have been breaking it with a hammer and scooping it out (some days the ice is 6 inches thick!). The chickens water (ice) is replaced a few times a day. The coldest temp we have recorded is -42C! OMG - give me a Sydney winter anyday. I will never complain of a 10C day ever again!

Still, when the wind is still, the place is beautiful. Sun over the mountains...just awesome.

I hope everyone has had a wonderful Christmas and are enjoying a warm News Year in Oz.

Gary and Jen

Quote:
WOW...its a really small world!

We have a caravan in Lakesea Park. I have been going to Durras since I was a baby (like my father before me). Jen has been a few times. I guess we will not make it till April this year. So the van stays empty most of the year.

I just love the place. One day we should try and move to a small farm closeby....

Hope you guys have fun this January!

Thanks,
We used to stay at Lakesea in the good old days when we were allowed to take our dog, its really changed there now,
staff are very different to the old owners.
Theres going to be a full moon when we go Jewfishing on the main beach.
There was a guy who caught a huge one 2 years ago and they were going to store the fish at Lakesea until Easter then share it around the park.
Do you go prawning at the lake? its like a party atmosphere watching all the lights along the lake, i love it.
The house which we rent is right next to lakesea so I go there for my supplies.
Do you have a boat? I faintly recall chatting to an American guy a few times at the boatramp!!
On Australia day last year I put my old sequined evening gown on to go fishing at the boatramp in, just for a laugh!!!

Yes Lakesea has changed a lot (and has become very expensive) but its still our little bit of Australia which we can enjoy when we visit.

I love prawning and so do my aussie kids. Jen is not so keen.... but what I miss most of all is beach worming! Crazy..but true!.

We chucked about you in a gown fishing....so we will keep an eye out for you next time we are there for Australia day!.

We have a small boat, but we don't launch it at the boat ramp (and I still have my aussie accent).

We are jealous of anyone who can spend time at Durras this summer.....as we won't make it over till April. We will spend a few days there, a few in Canberra (thats were our aussie kids live) and the rest exploring places up the coast.

G&J

Hey Gary, Guess what Im eating right now while I read all the threads??? FRUITLOOPS, its 12.51am here and Its too hot to sleep.
Yes beachworming is fun, its a real challenge to grab them. We use sardines or other smelly fish to lure them to the surface then try to grab them before the next little wave comes along.

Last edited:
I live in Australia!
I live in the Riverina NSW
We have 4 horses (1 thoroughbred, 1 QHxASH, 2 miniature ponies), 2 cats, 17 chook eggs in a bator and 1 dog.

Does anyone in australia want any roosters?

A friend has 2 Old English Game x Belgiums. they are only about 2 months old, still learning to crow!

Very pretty boys and would suit anything but would be good for breeding.

they are speckled.

If you PM me I will send you some photos.

They are in the riverina NSW.

kizza

Hi kizza, welcome to BYC,
Sorry I dont need any roosters, and they are very hard to rehome and you may find this out if you have some roosters in your hatch!
That is the only downside to hatching eggs whether thru a bator or broody odds are youll get some boys.
But good luck with it and show us some pics.

hi i am in melbourne australia here.have 6 11 week old pure bred hens and having a hard time trying to find out the different breeds but hey thats another story:confused:

Back
Top Bottom