Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Whilst I was feeding out breakfast I noticed Walter the rooster was MIA . I called him and looked all round the rivers edge, no sign of him. Walter is the little guy that I saved as a chick, he hatched early and hadn't absorbed his yolk. I went back over with some plums , apples and silver beet and I heard a crow from the back of the hay shed. I had to pull down 20 bales of hay only to find him standing there looking at me as if to say , " you took your time" . All the while I was muttering under my breath , " how many times am I going to have to save you Walter." I'd say he has been wedged in there all night , he is happily calling his girls in for plums now. And I need a change of clothes cause these ones are full of hay. :rolleyes:

This is Walter , as you can see he has always been a ' sticky beak ' .

You always take the most stunning pics fancy :love

how big of a cage and im assuming you keep them in an aquarium....what size....and has anyone had troubles loading pics on here...I cant seem to load pics now....for the last three days....

Any ideas on sex

This one is much louder darker and bigger then the other one. And that pink has shown up in last few days. Think they are 8 or 9 weeks now.
8 or 9 weeks is too young to tell for Ara's. Saddle feathers start showing up from 12 weeks I think. The pink in the second photo doesn't look that pink to me & I found mine were affected by the heat more than gender when it came to pinkness early on. I'll still take a guess though and go with pullets for both. : )

8 or 9 weeks is too young to tell for Ara's.  Saddle feathers start showing up from 12 weeks I think.  The pink in the second photo doesn't look that pink to me & I found mine were affected by the heat more than gender when it came to pinkness early on.  I'll still take a guess though and go with pullets for both.  : )

its the same chicken in both pics hahaha should of clarified. Had to zoom cos the bugger won't come near me.

how big of an aquarium...? morning everyone....minus 12 here

You can't really keep snakes in fish aquariums because the glass has no insulation and not enough ventilation, I've seen some people do it, just depends on the reptile.
Usually it's a wooden box with a glass front. This is our home made setup, the cabinet came with the house, we cut out the shelf and added glass locks to the doors.

Back
Top Bottom