Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

My stupid move for the day yesterday. My two broody pekins are still sitting on eggs so I decided to commando crawl into their tractor to check on them. I lift up buff peek and check her . Nothing yet, then I pick up black peek and check her. I notice a few eggs seem light so I start to remove them whilst still in the flat position., I pick the next one up and bang it exploded all in my hair and face... There is no worse smell than dead egg.. I still have to commando crawl out of there trying to hold my stomach the entire time. 3 washes of the hair etc yesterday and I think the smell is finally gone.
ep.gif
Oh my but mental picture EEEEWWWWWWWWW!!!! Then again
lau.gif

A snake the size of camilla, She eats a three to 4 week old chick or a large rat. Our smaller snake turbo the 2ft spotted python will eat a week old japanese quail or a full size mouse. Main thing to watch when feeding snakes is they dislocate their jaws to eat so if you were to go a bit too big they actually can die trying to swallow it. Once you've had a snake as long as i have you know what they can eat. Mila will eat up to 3 roosters of 3-4 weeks of age at a time. I freeze my excess you roos and just take them out and warm them in water to a similar temp to heating a babys bottle before feeding her. They do still constrict around their food like they would if they were wild and trying to kill live food.

We were told the food should be no wider than the width of the snakes head. I'm sure a wild snake would take much bigger though We usually stick to just smaller than we think they could take to be careful, better to feed them twice than to give them more than they can handle. This is Bellatrix the day we got her

And Severus, we got him just after his first shed 5 years ago now

Believe it or not Severus is older than Bella, lol. I've given hubby permission to get another snake when he finds the right one.

My stupid move for the day yesterday. My two broody pekins are still sitting on eggs so I decided to commando crawl into their tractor to check on them. I lift up buff peek and check her . Nothing yet, then I pick up black peek and check her. I notice a few eggs seem light so I start to remove them whilst still in the flat position., I pick the next one up and bang it exploded all in my hair and face... There is no worse smell than dead egg.. I still have to commando crawl out of there trying to hold my stomach the entire time. 3 washes of the hair etc yesterday and I think the smell is finally gone.:eek:

OMG Satay that is terrible, strangely amusing to picture, but terrible!

This guy is legitimate.
If you have to money I suggest going with his birds.

I am intrigued by the breed, not so sure about the feathered legs here in aust tho. Aside of that, the entry price is small when you look at the fact that there is an offset in selling chicks etc.
My reservation is in the pool of quality breeding stock. Breed outside these lines and one risks comprmising egg quality.
The chicks I bought turned out to be both roosters (groan) What is frustrating me is that they are a REALLY people friendly chook.

We were told the food should be no wider than the width of the snakes head. I'm sure a wild snake would take much bigger though We usually stick to just smaller than we think they could take to be careful, better to feed them twice than to give them more than they can handle. This is Bellatrix the day we got her

And Severus, we got him just after his first shed 5 years ago now

Believe it or not Severus is older than Bella, lol. I've given hubby permission to get another snake when he finds the right one.

They are beautiful :love

Back
Top Bottom