Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

one of those little precious pups will be mine. I pick him up over Easter. Not sure which one yet, but there's 3 boys in contention.
I need to wait for them to be hearing tested though, as I'm taking pick of the litter for showing
big_smile.png

Thank you for your condolences everyone. I won't be adding any more to my flock until winter time, when I'll start hatching some more. This time I'm going to try using an incubator. I'll be too busy with our new little spotty addition for a while to do anything else :D
Omg K that it a whole lot of cuteness :love.

Evening all, so sorry to hear of the losses :(  but glad you're all starting to dry out up in Qld for a time at least.  We're finally having some warm rather than extremely hot days (had 42 yesterday and 41 the day before - my girls were feeling the heat but was able to cool them down and they didn't go outside until the extreme heat had eased).

I know, still waiting for my first cackle berry and if possible I'll get a friend to come and check them out ... surely there'll be one soon ... the newbies lament I'm sure :barnie but still it's fun learning about them and their habits.

WOW what a big chook and egg shown by IamSamSam ... would love to have that one myself (egg that is lol).

Chat tomorrow, getting too late for me now ...

Waiting for a first egg can drive you mad. An otherwise sane person pacing a nest box every hour or so looking for an egg :lau But the joy when you get it is so worth the craziness :weee :weee :ya I hope you get that egg your are waiting for soon.

I know it is only Day 4...but I was curious and impatient so I candled a couple eggs! I SEE BABIES! Well...ok...I see the octopus shapes of a baby and blood vessels...BUT STILL!
I didn't look at all of them, just a few.
Tried to get some photos but my phone camera is soooo not up to the task and my make-shift candler doesn't help. It just looks like a darkish smudge in the photos...
I can't wait until Day 7....and 10...AND 21!!

:celebrate

Back
Top Bottom