Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

They  certainly look impressive, but I've never eaten one so what do you do with them and what do they taste like.  The only things I've had success with in this climate are pineapples and parsley of all things.  My paw paw trees are fruiting again.  Now to see if they go spotty this time.

White inside part ( or pinish red) you eat The White one has very mild fresh pear/Apple flavour. But they are all different and I beleive Satay has more than one variety !

WOW birdman that's a good foot or so of snow you have there ... happy to send some heat your way in exchange for a little (and I mean a little) bit of rain
thumbsup.gif

White inside part ( or pinish red) you eat The White one has very mild fresh pear/Apple flavour. But they are all different and I beleive Satay has more than one variety !

Yes ill take a pic of a cut one today. The ones in the pic are above are all red/pink outside and white flesh. They taste like Sam described. I also have red outside and red inside. It tastes like a musk stick lolly. I have a yellow outside and white inside too but it is too yong to fruit yet. They are easy to grow in qld. They are a cactus so plant them and a bit of water and that's about it. Shame they only fruit once a year.

They  certainly look impressive, but I've never eaten one so what do you do with them and what do they taste like.  The only things I've had success with in this climate are pineapples and parsley of all things.  My paw paw trees are fruiting again.  Now to see if they go spotty this time.

I grow pineapples too and paw paw but I don't have as much luck with the paw paws. They seems to get to wet when we get rain out here. I have planted a couple of new ones the other day so we will see how they go. The thing I find the hardest out here is avocado. I think I have managed to kill my second tree. A bit excited too as my custard apple has it's first two fruit on it this year. They are only tiny so far.

Last edited:
I've never tried dragon fruit before. When I worked at woolies as a check out chick some people would buy them.
But the musk stick lolly flavour sure is appealing!

I've lined up a Silkie hen to join the flock in March, solely for brooding and chick raising purposes
big_smile.png

I grow pineapples too and paw paw but I don't have as much luck with the paw paws. They seems to get to wet when we get rain out here. I have planted a couple of new ones the other day so we will see how they go. The thing I find the hardest out here is avocado. I think I have managed to kill my second tree. A bit excited too as my custard apple has it's first two fruit on it this year. They are only tiny so far.

I think I might give dragon fruit a try then. It sound quite promising. I managed to kill a Macadamia tree. They are native so that really annoyed me. The tree should have thrived! Lol. I haven't tried an avocado, but it's on my list for when we have more space - love avocados. I do have a guava tree that I dug up after planting because it looked like it was going the way of the Macadamia. It's now thriving in a plastic bag in the shade.
roll.png

Snow deliveries sound great Birdman! I'm glad someone's doing it, even if they stole your idea. Now he just needs to expand. A bit of snow would have been perfect with my home made soup last night.
cool.png

What colour silkie are you getting K Spot? Caboolture Poultry are doing rainbow colours at the moment.

Pic borrowed from the internet.

Back
Top Bottom