Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

I get a lot of pythons. Mostly they try to get my parrots and leave the chickens alone but on a rare occasion a meter+ one will rock up and if I'm not careful (listen out to the chickens panicking) I'll lose a chicken but that hasn't happened in years. Last year I did lose one chick to a python which grabbed it from under its mum, I heard the panic and got the chick back but it must have been internally injured and didn't survive the night. 99% of the time though the snakes don't bother my chooks at all.

Pythons love to get on my ringneck aviary as well as on the quail one. They can't get them but that doesn't stop them trying.

Last edited:
Wow, it is wet! 158mm so far as we head up to the end of the 24 hr period at 9am and another40-80mm forecast for today! I'm not sure I'm game to go look if my chook house flooded this time after all my preparations.!

Wow, it is wet! 158mm so far as we head up to the end of the 24 hr period at 9am and another40-80mm forecast for today! I'm not sure I'm game to go look if my chook house flooded this time after all my preparations.!

Wanna share. I'll have half :) Hope your pens aren't flooded though.

Last edited:
Mumma heating pad working well, I have a 40 w bulb For the big chicks during the day I think the littles might benefit from some additional heat today too but otherwise they seem very happy with the heat pad set up

The rain has been nice but the lovely spring weather we were having is gone now,

Last edited:
Adorable babies @ChristieB
love.gif

Welcome to the thread, @mrz hen .
frow.gif
I'm up to my ears in eggs at the moment; the girls are laying up a storm! I have 6 dozen in the fridge at the moment, ready to bring to work to sell as "fertile eggs"
tongue2.gif

Talking about snakes, I've encountered one big Eastern Brown since I've lived where I do for the 4 years we've been there. He was in my chicken run, but was more concerned with trying to get out of there than bothering the girls, thank goodness. If I could train a Carpet Python to eat the rodents over the girls, then they'd be most welcome to stay in my coop, but I haven't seen a python around my place and I'm pretty sure snakes may not take too kindly to training haha
lau.gif

Casanova is still hanging in there, the thrush in his throat seems to be finally breaking up and he should be on the mend very soon
smile.png

Adorable babies @ChristieB
:love

Welcome to the thread, @mrz hen
.  :frow   I'm up to my ears in eggs at the moment; the girls are laying up a storm!  I have 6 dozen in the fridge at the moment, ready to bring to work to sell as "fertile eggs" :plbb

Talking about snakes, I've encountered one big Eastern Brown since I've lived where I do for the 4 years we've been there.  He was in my chicken run, but was more concerned with trying to get out of there than bothering the girls, thank goodness.  If I could train a Carpet Python to eat the rodents over the girls, then they'd be most welcome to stay in my coop, but I haven't seen a python around my place and I'm pretty sure snakes may not take too kindly to training haha :lau

Casanova is still hanging in there, the thrush in his throat seems to be finally breaking up and he should be on the mend very soon :)  

Hold in there K, sending good vibes to Casanova. :)

Pythons love to get on my ringneck aviary as well as on the quail one. They can't get them but that doesn't stop them trying.

Ringnecks are what I have too but I need to fix the cage wire because the pythons are still getting in. Haven't lost a ringneck yet though, thank God

Wanna share. I'll have half :) Hope your pens aren't flooded though.

They are pretty wet and muddy but they aren't underwater so that's an improvement. Last time we had rain like this I had to put upside down bread crates in there with hay on top to get them above the water. Trouble is the water I've diverted is now water falling down the steps and across the yard into my vege patch sigh.

So far since 9am yesterday we have had 220mm. I'm quite happy to send you some lol

Mind you could always be worse. This is half an hour from us. http://www.9news.com.au/national/20...ered-to-evacuate-jerrara-dam-area-immediately

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom