Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Hi All :D

Here's some photos of what I've made this weekend...

Here's the 'snake proof chick run' I made a few weeks ago for our girls (out of those incredibly expensive steel panels I got from Bunnings ;) )

Now that the girls are in the coop, I have dismantled it and re-used the panels to make a "chicken grass buffet' !

All I need to do now is put in some good soil and wheat and grass seeds. After a week or so the grass will grow up through the panels which the chicks can graze on, but can't scratch out. This will keep them supplied with greens till they are older and less flighty and I can let them out to free range within the portable fencing we use.

Oh wow @IamSamSam i didnt know snow peas flowered like that :) love the LS in black and white ive never looked at mine in b & w.

Following on with the ** language yes its interesting what they block out.. blovked out my w,t,f the other week.

Miss vonte has been moving around so much this afternoon and moving her eggs too. Shes even been talking to them as u said they do @Teila :-D will have to take my phone out for happy snaps when I check on her in the morning!

Hi All
big_smile.png

Here's the 'snake proof chick run' I made a few weeks ago for our girls (out of those incredibly expensive steel panels I got from Bunnings
wink.png
)

Now that the girls are in the coop, I have dismantled it and re-used the panels to make a "chicken grass buffet' !

All I need to do now is put in some good soil and wheat and grass seeds. After a week or so the grass will grow up through the panels which the chicks can graze on, but can't scratch out. This will keep them supplied with greens till they are older and less flighty and I can let them out to free range within the portable fencing we use.

locknest4

The fantastic ideas I see here - - - and this is really great locknest4 ... always has me wondering what next I can do to improve things.

Have a small area that is triangular in shape - that keeps Mindy Araucana from being murdered by Mandy Welsummer. So sad that they have had to be separated for all their lives.
They have evening ' conferences ' near that triangle though. !! Which is cute to see. Chickens are such strange little beings. !!

Will plant throw / plant some grass seeds in the triangle so's all 3 girls can pick at it when it grows. Other than that they free range - on good days.

Cheers --- AB

Oh wow @IamSamSam i didnt know snow peas flowered like that :) love the LS in black and white ive never looked at mine in b & w.

Following on with the ** language yes its interesting what they block out.. blovked out my w,t,f the other week.

Miss vonte has been moving around so much this afternoon and moving her eggs too. Shes even been talking to them as u said they do @Teila :-D will have to take my phone out for happy snaps when I check on her in the morning!

i love fresh snow peas so does my young fella

You're right, it doesn't work that way. Shingles is reactivation from old virus in your own body - you don't catch shingles anew.

Tried doing the green thumbs-up thing - and the site said I was "over my limit " for ovations ?  .... ( didn't know they had a limit )  :/

Anyway - my ovation is a thumbs up and a thankyou.   

AB .... 

I've been wondering why I can't do many of the 'thumbs up' the last few days!
Now I know!
Thanks Anniebee, a thumbs up to you :)

Hi All
big_smile.png

Here's the 'snake proof chick run' I made a few weeks ago for our girls (out of those incredibly expensive steel panels I got from Bunnings
wink.png
)

locknest4

Some of the ideas I see on here are excellent --- and this one is really great locknest4. Keeps me on my toes, as to what next I can do to improve things for my 3 girls.

Have a triangular area that separates 1 from 2 - ( to prevent Mindy Araucana from being murdered by Mandy Welsummer ) !! .... Odd though, that come evening - they gather near the triangular separator to have a 'conference' .... It is cute to watch.

Will throw / plant some grass seeds in that triangle, so's all girls can have a go at it when it grows. Other than that they free range ( separately ).

Cheers .......

Don't you love the way this sanctimonious Yank website censors all the  "naughty" words?

You can't even type  D.A.M. N - how utterly ridiculous.

I know lol. There is something very mild it censors on me all the time, trouble is a sentance with **** in it makes it look like you actually swore!

Hi All :D Here's some photos of what I've made this weekend... Here's the 'snake proof chick run' I made a few weeks ago for our girls (out of those incredibly expensive steel panels I got from Bunnings ;) ) Now that the girls are in the coop, I have dismantled it and re-used the panels to make a "chicken grass buffet' ! All I need to do now is put in some good soil and wheat and grass seeds. After a week or so the grass will grow up through the panels which the chicks can graze on, but can't scratch out. This will keep them supplied with greens till they are older and less flighty and I can let them out to free range within the portable fencing we use.
locknest4 Some of the ideas I see on here are excellent --- and this one is really great locknest4. Keeps me on my toes, as to what next I can do to improve things for my 3 girls. Have a triangular area that separates 1 from 2 - ( to prevent Mindy Araucana from being murdered by Mandy Welsummer ) !! .... Odd though, that come evening - they gather near the triangular separator to have a 'conference' .... It is cute to watch. Will throw / plant some grass seeds in that triangle, so's all girls can have a go at it when it grows. Other than that they free range ( separately ). Cheers .......
Thanks Anniebee ! I got this idea originally from Aussie 'You Tuber' - rob bob. :)

Back
Top Bottom