Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Good morning Friends
frow.gif

Wow! Did we get some rain! While the covers on the back run managed to keep it fairly dry, the front run was under water. The sun is out today; time to dry out a bit hopefully.

Fancy I have been thinking about you and your mare; got everything crossed for some good news soon
fl.gif

Hey there jayjayclaus Welcome to BYC and also to this thread; nice to meet you.

Cilla asked me to share something with you all … “I am Cilla and I am a broodoholic. It has been 22 days and 14 eggs since my last bout with broody. I have fallen off the wagon and I am broody again. I am beyond help”.

At least she is predictable .. she was broody in September, October, November and now the beginning of January; December must have been a holiday for her also
wink.png
lau.gif

Got the NBN guys coming around today to hook up our home network and also have to head into the office for a meeting … looks like the holiday period is definitely over and things are back to routine
wink.png

Last edited:
Good morning Friends :frow

Wow!  Did we get some rain!  While the covers on the back run managed to keep it fairly dry, the front run was under water.  The sun is out today; time to dry out a bit hopefully.

Fancy I have been thinking about you and your mare; got everything crossed for some good news soon :fl

Hey there jayjayclaus Welcome to BYC and also to this thread; nice to meet you.

Cilla asked me to share something with you all … “I am Cilla and I am a broodoholic.   It has been 22 days and 14 eggs since my last bout with broody.  I have fallen off the wagon and I am broody again.  I am beyond help”.

At least she is predictable .. she was broody in September, October, November and now the beginning of January; December must have been a holiday for her also ;)  :lau

Got the NBN guys coming around today to hook up our home network and also have to head into the office for a meeting … looks like the holiday period is definitely over and things are back to routine ;)  

We got nearly 90mm of rain so i am doing the happy dance here most rain we have had in agers.
Poor cilla she just wants to be a mum and if she drops you enough hints maybe you'll give in :lau
Nbn.. something us for country people can only dream of ..

Last edited:
Hi all. Been so busy lately. Christmas and new yr blew through here like a cyclone. Had a wedding on the 2nd. Bad news for chooks on our front. With the rains came a CRD/MG outbreak. I had to cull 11 birds including my beloved Min and my gorgeous sparrow was the first to pass on her own. Gotta love the tropics. Looks like ive got a handle on it now and new cuckoo boy comes in on saturday. Very broken up. We finished the new chook pen only 2 weeks before so the rain and stress of moving hit them hard.
rip beautiful boy
rip my gorgeous lap bird..

Hi all. Been so busy lately. Christmas and new yr blew through here like a cyclone. Had a wedding on the 2nd. Bad news for chooks on our front. With the rains came a CRD/MG outbreak. I had to cull 11 birds including my beloved Min and my gorgeous sparrow was the first to pass on her own. Gotta love the tropics. Looks like ive got a handle on it now and new cuckoo boy comes in on saturday. Very broken up. We finished the new chook pen only 2 weeks before so the rain and stress of moving hit them hard.
rip beautiful boy
rip my gorgeous lap bird..

Good morning Friends
frow.gif

Aaaw Deej211 I am so sorry to read of your loss
sad.png

Congrats on the egg sale chicken-clucky
clap.gif

I got such a scare yesterday, the adrenaline is still pumping and I keep seeing it over and over in my head.

For those that do not know, we have two indoor cats who have an outdoor run; they are fixed, vaccinated, microchipped, do not wander, do not annoy the neighbours, wildlife etc. They have no experience with cars and the big world outside. They do, however, like to sit at the windows or front and back doors and watch the world go by. They have never tried to bolt out the doors when you open them.

Across the road’s cat, Versace, not so much! While he was only recently fixed, he wanders the neighbourhood, stalks the chickens, lays in our front garden, driveway etc taunting Syba and Chimee.

So yesterday after putting the girls to bed, I open the front door to walk in and Chimee bolts out the door and towards the car in the carport. I did not know that Versace was sitting under our car. I tried to call Chimee back and when Versace spotted me he raced up the driveway, across the road and into his driveway, Chimee followed him!

When she got to the other side of the road, having no experience with cars up close, when a car came towards her, she panicked and ran back across the road, right in front of another car coming the other way! It just missed her!

Hubby and son came running out to my calls of panic and we found her hiding behind next door’s water tank .. when she saw her Dad, she came out and was safe and sound, back in the house quickly.

I cannot get the vision of how close I came to losing her out of my head! I am so grateful to the driver of the car who I think saw her and a panicked me and reacted in time.

Across the road should also be grateful because I swear if I had watched my sweet little girl be run over I would not be surprised if I did not punch them! I am still tempted to go over there and tell them to keep their cat under control and out of our yard.

You definitely used up one your nine lives yesterday little girl!

Good morning Friends :frow Aaaw Deej211 I am so sorry to read of your loss :( Congrats on the egg sale chicken-clucky :clap I got such a scare yesterday, the adrenaline is still pumping and I keep seeing it over and over in my head. For those that do not know, we have two indoor cats who have an outdoor run; they are fixed, vaccinated, microchipped, do not wander, do not annoy the neighbours, wildlife etc. They have no experience with cars and the big world outside. They do, however, like to sit at the windows or front and back doors and watch the world go by. They have never tried to bolt out the doors when you open them. Across the road’s cat, Versace, not so much! While he was only recently fixed, he wanders the neighbourhood, stalks the chickens, lays in our front garden, driveway etc taunting Syba and Chimee. So yesterday after putting the girls to bed, I open the front door to walk in and Chimee bolts out the door and towards the car in the carport. I did not know that Versace was sitting under our car. I tried to call Chimee back and when Versace spotted me he raced up the driveway, across the road and into his driveway, Chimee followed him! When she got to the other side of the road, having no experience with cars up close, when a car came towards her, she panicked and ran back across the road, right in front of another car coming the other way! It just missed her! Hubby and son came running out to my calls of panic and we found her hiding behind next door’s water tank .. when she saw her Dad, she came out and was safe and sound, back in the house quickly. I cannot get the vision of how close I came to losing her out of my head! I am so grateful to the driver of the car who I think saw her and a panicked me and reacted in time. Across the road should also be grateful because I swear if I had watched my sweet little girl be run over I would not be surprised if I did not punch them! I am still tempted to go over there and tell them to keep their cat under control and out of our yard. You definitely used up one your nine lives yesterday little girl!
So glad you still your baby. :) I lost my beautiful Manx sylvester on the road and it was just a tragic mistake that our visitors from Italy made, in thinking that the cat should go out at night. :( There are some things that you can never forget. We have 2 fixed females now and thankfully we are far enough away from the road for them to be safe. At this time of the year they are out ratting at night but once the fire is lit they are glued to the lounge . :D Well looks like our goal is destined to be late, unless she goes into labour today. Man she is eating like a horse. :lau

Good morning Friends :frow Aaaw Deej211 I am so sorry to read of your loss :( Congrats on the egg sale chicken-clucky :clap I got such a scare yesterday, the adrenaline is still pumping and I keep seeing it over and over in my head. For those that do not know, we have two indoor cats who have an outdoor run; they are fixed, vaccinated, microchipped, do not wander, do not annoy the neighbours, wildlife etc. They have no experience with cars and the big world outside. They do, however, like to sit at the windows or front and back doors and watch the world go by. They have never tried to bolt out the doors when you open them. Across the road’s cat, Versace, not so much! While he was only recently fixed, he wanders the neighbourhood, stalks the chickens, lays in our front garden, driveway etc taunting Syba and Chimee. So yesterday after putting the girls to bed, I open the front door to walk in and Chimee bolts out the door and towards the car in the carport. I did not know that Versace was sitting under our car. I tried to call Chimee back and when Versace spotted me he raced up the driveway, across the road and into his driveway, Chimee followed him! When she got to the other side of the road, having no experience with cars up close, when a car came towards her, she panicked and ran back across the road, right in front of another car coming the other way! It just missed her! Hubby and son came running out to my calls of panic and we found her hiding behind next door’s water tank .. when she saw her Dad, she came out and was safe and sound, back in the house quickly. I cannot get the vision of how close I came to losing her out of my head! I am so grateful to the driver of the car who I think saw her and a panicked me and reacted in time. Across the road should also be grateful because I swear if I had watched my sweet little girl be run over I would not be surprised if I did not punch them! I am still tempted to go over there and tell them to keep their cat under control and out of our yard. You definitely used up one your nine lives yesterday little girl!
Gosh Teila that would have been very scary. Glad you cat is safe and back home. We have a 15 year old male that i could not keep in the house if i tried. He's an out door fella only coming in at night. Luckily we are miles from the road.

Last edited:
So glad you still your baby. :) I lost my beautiful Manx sylvester on the road and it was just a tragic mistake that our visitors from Italy made, in thinking that the cat should go out at night. :( There are some things that you can never forget. We have 2 fixed females now and thankfully we are far enough away from the road for them to be safe. At this time of the year they are out ratting at night but once the fire is lit they are glued to the lounge . :D
Well looks like our goal is destined to be late, unless she goes into labour today. Man she is eating like a horse. :lau

Blows my mind that you still have to light a fire at this time of year.:eek:
Hope you foal arrives safe and well for you soon.

Back
Top Bottom