Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

So, question time … Has anyone heard of or used Coopex Insecticide?

Hubby has a colleague who has 4 x Silkies and she recommended Coopex to him as they were talking about spring and mites.

Apparently it can be purchased at Bunnings and ‘Lasts up to 4months’ Active Constituent: Permethrin

https://www.bunnings.com.au/bayer-25g-coopex-insecticide-sachet_p3011010

Treating large areas infected with mites and lice
If you have a large area you need to treat, we recommend you treat the large area withCoopex. Coopex is a sachet of powder that you mix with water in a sprayer and spray the area. Then treat the chickens with the poultry dust. Coopex is safe to use on the chickens environment but not on their skin.

Last edited:
Took some pics with the iPad . Splash chicks just coming into their ' ugly duckling ' stage.

They are adorable :love

So, question time … Has anyone heard of or used Coopex Insecticide? Hubby has a colleague who has 4 x Silkies and she recommended Coopex to him as they were talking about spring and mites. Apparently it can be purchased at Bunnings and ‘Lasts up to 4months’ Active Constituent: Permethrin https://www.bunnings.com.au/bayer-25g-coopex-insecticide-sachet_p3011010 Treating large areas infected with mites and lice
[COLOR=3E3E3E]If you have a large area you need to treat, we recommend you treat the large area with[/COLOR]Coopex [COLOR=3E3E3E]. Coopex is a sachet of powder that you mix with water in a sprayer and spray the area. Then treat the chickens with the poultry dust. Coopex is safe to use on the chickens environment but not on their skin.[/COLOR]
I have heard of quite a few people who use it and they all seem to like it.

So, question time … Has anyone heard of or used Coopex Insecticide? Hubby has a colleague who has 4 x Silkies and she recommended Coopex to him as they were talking about spring and mites. Apparently it can be purchased at Bunnings and ‘Lasts up to 4months’ Active Constituent: Permethrin https://www.bunnings.com.au/bayer-25g-coopex-insecticide-sachet_p3011010 Treating large areas infected with mites and lice
[COLOR=3E3E3E]If you have a large area you need to treat, we recommend you treat the large area with[/COLOR]Coopex [COLOR=3E3E3E]. Coopex is a sachet of powder that you mix with water in a sprayer and spray the area. Then treat the chickens with the poultry dust. Coopex is safe to use on the chickens environment but not on their skin.[/COLOR]
Yes I've used it . Usually get it from Bunnings . It's about $20 a satchel.

A double-yolker from Mindy Araucana  - laid about a week ago, laying in wait to be discovered,  in the refridgerator   ..........
 :weee  :clap     :celebrate  

Can't say I am  surprised .... but I am delighted.  

......... AB

I hope the vet visit goes ok.

I am getting extraordinary number of double yokers from a range of the girls at the moment. From all the new layers. I changed to Redhen 17 in winter because I like the mix and blend. I have mixed it with lower protein laying mash since Fancy mention the damage too high protein can cause heritage breeds. I have been wondering if the feed could somehow be causing it because all the new girls have been on it since laying age.

Sorry for answering all posts indifferent order. I wish you could bookmark your place in the posts. On the omega 3 issue. I bought this, but haven't used it.

And there are three bodies in this accomodation.

I hope the vet visit goes ok.

I am getting extraordinary number of double yokers from a range of the girls at the moment. From all the new layers. I changed to Redhen 17 in winter because I like the mix and blend. I have mixed it with lower protein laying mash since Fancy mention the damage too high protein can cause heritage breeds. I have been wondering if the feed could somehow be causing it because all the new girls have been on it since laying age.

Sorry for answering all posts indifferent order. I wish you could bookmark your place in the posts. On the omega 3 issue. I bought this, but haven't used it.

And there are three bodies in this accomodation.

As excited as we get at the prospect of a double or triple yolker, it's often a precursor for trouble.
I know I've shared this before, but the bigger the egg the thinner the shell. Thin shells carry the risk of breakage in the ' chute ' and that usually doesn't end well. The shell gland deposits the exact same amount on each egg , provided the hen has adequate levels of calcium.
Methionine is the amino acid that controls egg size and should be kept at a minimum in hens over 40 weeks.
Just like people the birds feed must be adjusted to the different stages of their life. For people with mixed flocks that can be very difficult.

http://www1.agric.gov.ab.ca/$department/deptdocs.nsf/all/pou3651

So, question time … Has anyone heard of or used Coopex Insecticide?

Hubby has a colleague who has 4 x Silkies and she recommended Coopex to him as they were talking about spring and mites.

Apparently it can be purchased at Bunnings and ‘Lasts up to 4months’ Active Constituent: Permethrin

https://www.bunnings.com.au/bayer-25g-coopex-insecticide-sachet_p3011010

Treating large areas infected with mites and lice
If you have a large area you need to treat, we recommend you treat the large area withCoopex. Coopex is a sachet of powder that you mix with water in a sprayer and spray the area. Then treat the chickens with the poultry dust. Coopex is safe to use on the chickens environment but not on their skin.

I use coopex all the time. It was recommended to me by a pest control man apparently its what they use for ants and spiders. Its was the best thing I ever got, we had ants in the patio when we moved in and we were in danger of collapsing pavers. It got rid of them and they haven't been back in those numbers again. That's was 17 years ago. I have been using it ever since. I empty half a sachet into a 2 ltr milk bottle full of water with a 0.5cm drilled in the lid and I up end that everywhere. You can use a spray bottle just make sure you mix it well I spray wall, eaves, windows and all entrances it stops the cockroaches millipedes everything . I spray the coops around the ceilings and under everything in there. It's supposed to be safe for humans and animals, it leaves a white residue that insects walk over it attaches to their feet and they walk it back to their nests. I hope that was helpful. I do it whenever the insect population gets beyond a joke. (about once a year) I bought some on the weekend it cost $12.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom