Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

We got a lovely inch of rain too and the temp has dropped which is a nice change, It's only meant to get to 28c here today after the last few days i may just need a jumper.
lau.gif

Lol yes, I was feeling the same! After sweating for days on end, the sudden change is a shock, feeling a bit chilly.

And I now have two broodies, Ezzie's joined Beatrice and the pair stole all the eggs laid today, and continue to steal them off each other. Well, it keeps their feathered feet out of the mud and rain I guess.

Feeling very pleased at the moment...my girls (Madge, Tilly, Black Betty, Milly and Molly have no signs of lice....the batam Hamburgs have almost grown all their feathers back and one of them has started laying again!!! Yay! Thank you Fancy, and all for your advise. Bracing myself for a very hot weekend....bring on the water melon!

Good morning folks :frow Tee hee mamabokbok ‘fairy egg’ definitely sounds better ;) We have had a couple of those over the years, but this one next to a grain of corn and a bantam egg is my favourite, so tiny! alicexx love the pics and the bullhen ;) :lau satay thinking of you today :hugs I hope the travel and the CT goes well, I know how difficult it can be to sit in the car with a bad back and then have to lie perfectly still during the scan. Fizzybelle yep, I am hoping for a storm free weekend. I probably should not be mowing the lawn so soon after my procedure but I am grabbing the opportunity while I can; a break from the heat and rain. Anniebee they sell the rejects for how much? Gees Louise, they know how to charge! I do not blame you for not wanting to go through that experience again :( Have you considered fostering? I think with your love and kindness you would be perfect in that role. Granted you would still have to give them up when they are found new forever homes but at least you and the foster would not have to go through the wringer that is the assistance programme and you would be giving a dog or puppy a second chance at a good life.
s
1f602.png
haha they are so funny! That's an awesome pic makes the bantam egg look huge! I don't know how to see notifications of replies, I just seen yours by chance catching up on the thread? Eb's actually had a few funny eggs around this one, including one that looked like it had poop in it
1f61f.png
she's all good now though, I think they were cranky about the construction going on in the yard, we built a play equipment and my girls don't like strange people coming into their space. I'm just moving chicks into the yard through the day now and they have became so sooky
1f602.png
all of a sudden snuggle boks where as usually there's no way to get close to them!

Lucky love your Sebrights very pretty ....I have taken a photo of the girls eggs today...
[/IMG]

The large one is from Madge (the bully) ..she supposed to be a Hamburgh but is much bigger and has an impressive comb almost like a rooster. Her eggs are huge, almost round and aren't as white! Some days the eggs have a ridge like she had difficulty laying it! Is this ok? They often are rough where my others are like porcelain . Can I also ask if dried mealworms are ok ....I am farming Meal worms but they are not ready. My girls love them!

Back
Top Bottom