Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Satay and Fancy I wish I could give you both a hug :hugs. I am so sorry to hear you have lost Thor and I'm sorry to hear about Elsa. It is horrible to see them unwell.

Fancy was it the sewerage spill that caused the loss of your heifers. I hope this is not affecting your health, you don't need that on top of everything else.

Our Bear has been sick too. We've found a wonderful mobile vet and she has done wonders for him. He is 10 1/2 now and that is not so young for a shepherd. For a little while I dreaded it when I called him and he didn't come, but he is a bit more active now.

Satay I hope you get some rain soon. Is the drought causing you a lot of problems. I have been watching the news it looks devastating, I really feel for the farmers.

I hope everyone is doing well now and gets the rain they so desperately need.
Not as much as the farmers that rely on it for a living but yeah drought effects us all really. I spend 2 hours a day trying keep enough water up to the fruit trees which i have had in for 11 years now. The main threat for us at the moment is fire. Luckily there are none about but with high winds expected this weekend we have to be very vigilant.

Last edited:
Satay and Fancy I wish I could give you both a hug :hugs. I am so sorry to hear you have lost Thor and I'm sorry to hear about Elsa. It is horrible to see them unwell.

Fancy was it the sewerage spill that caused the loss of your heifers. I hope this is not affecting your health, you don't need that on top of everything else.

Our Bear has been sick too. We've found a wonderful mobile vet and she has done wonders for him. He is 10 1/2 now and that is not so young for a shepherd. For a little while I dreaded it when I called him and he didn't come, but he is a bit more active now.

Satay I hope you get some rain soon. Is the drought causing you a lot of problems. I have been watching the news it looks devastating, I really feel for the farmers.

I hope everyone is doing well now and gets the rain they so desperately need.
Glad to hear bear is on the mend. it's horrible to see them not well for whatever reason.

We suspect that the sewage spill that was grossly underestimated lead to the death of the 2 x heifers, Duchess the grey mare and Jack ( thoroughbred) colicking very badly . Whilst we loss Duchess , Jack is still with us. My husband was very sick as he was down in the mud placing straps under the heifers to pull them out of the mud with the escavator.
It hasn’t stopped raining here.
Oh that's awful I hope your hubby is on the mend soon.

View attachment 1506547 View attachment 1506546
Oh sorry to hear that. It’s been a hideous 6 months here too. We lost our lovely Elsa ( ridgeback ) then there was a major sewage spill on our land and we have since lost 2 x heifers , our beloved Rosie and then Duchess and nearly lost Jack as well. With all of the investigations going on there I times that I feel like throwing the towel in. :(
Sorry to hear about Elsa she looks like she was a much loved family member.

1C1724D4-1D52-48E1-88E6-2FCBFE811125.jpeg
Bushfires in the middle of winter . Wow, if that’s not confirmation of global warming , then I don’t know what is. We’ve taken on a rescue pup. He is keeping me busy . Training him to leave the chickens alone is working , but not so on the cats. He loves the water and spends most of the day chasing ducks. Coming from a small garden and being on his own is a world of difference to life here on the Farm.
This is Rom. :) He prefers to share Winnie’s bed.

Sorry to hear about Elsa she looks like she was a much loved family member.
Thanks, she was such a lovely old soul, she loved it here. Our shepherd was pining so badly for her that she would scratch at our window all through the night. She didn’t want to be inside and she stopped being a watch dog. Bit of a shock to have people walking up behind you in the garden when you are used to having the dogs warn you of visitors. Rom is keeping her busy and tiring her out, she hasn’t woken us up since the day he arrived. :)

Thanks, she was such a lovely old soul, she loved it here. Our shepherd was pining so badly for her that she would scratch at our window all through the night. She didn’t want to be inside and she stopped being a watch dog. Bit of a shock to have people walking up behind you in the garden when you are used to having the dogs warn you of visitors. Rom is keeping her busy and tiring her out, she hasn’t woken us up since the day he arrived. :)
That's lovely and sad too. Thor was very lost when we originally lost zeus to cancer they do so fret for their mates. He wasn't real flash with other dogs so we never got another one when zeus died. He loved people but not other dogs so much.
A friend of mine down the road has a shepard they are great dogs.

Fancy I hope your hubby is feeling better. Is it a bit safer now? I don't suppose they'll compensate you at all.
Shepherds are great people. Bear has been great, when we had to put Shadow down we thought of getting another dog but Bear is like your dog Satay and he really prefers people more than dogs. He seems to have taken a liking to our chooks (yum yum). He'd never bothered in 9 years. Vets coming to see him again tonight. Silly dog is feeling better so he thinks he can run around like a pup and then his paw/leg hurts, I think its just arthritis.
Fancy your 2 look beautiful. Winnie looks like my Bear.
We've been getting rain not sure if its enough, but I think its more than we've had in a long time.
Satay I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. The seasons seem to be all wrong the last few years, our winter has been cold but not as cold as years ago not as wet either. We had some warm days and it upsets the animals and plants.
This was taken a couple of years ago.
bear piper.jpg
bear.jpg

This ones more recent. He's going grey.

Fancy I hope your hubby is feeling better. Is it a bit safer now? I don't suppose they'll compensate you at all.
Shepherds are great people. Bear has been great, when we had to put Shadow down we thought of getting another dog but Bear is like your dog Satay and he really prefers people more than dogs. He seems to have taken a liking to our chooks (yum yum). He'd never bothered in 9 years. Vets coming to see him again tonight. Silly dog is feeling better so he thinks he can run around like a pup and then his paw/leg hurts, I think its just arthritis.
Fancy your 2 look beautiful. Winnie looks like my Bear.
We've been getting rain not sure if its enough, but I think its more than we've had in a long time.
Satay I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. The seasons seem to be all wrong the last few years, our winter has been cold but not as cold as years ago not as wet either. We had some warm days and it upsets the animals and plants.
This was taken a couple of years ago.View attachment 1507666 View attachment 1507667
This ones more recent. He's going grey.
Omg he is adorable. I hope he is feeling lots better soon. Our very first dog was bear he was a cross breed but we were lucky enough to have him for nearly 15 years but lost him to athritis in the end.
Yeah we have had very cold nights but warm days and no rain.

We just had the vet to Bear to check on him and we decided it would be kinder to put him to sleep. She thought he had cancer most likely a brain tumor, he also was having an auto-immune response all over his body and his mouth and nose. We think it went through his stomach too. He killed 4 chooks this morning he ripped down the fence, while we had him locked in a kennel area he dug under the duck fence and killed a duck. That was not like him over the last year he has killed a few chooks. He never used to bother with them they were always getting out and he never hurt them. Its going to be very quiet without him. His personality has changed a lot lately and I was worried about him with the kids, he bit my husband when Paul wouldn't pat him the other day. Bear has always been very docile and great with the grandkids. We will miss him very much.

Back
Top Bottom