Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Hi everyone, been a busy few months so I haven't been on here much. We've had a few wet days now too. The chooks were getting muddy feet. The ducks are loving it. I'm not sure if I said I now have 6 muscovies to add to my 3 Cayuga's and Rouen drake and 2 khaki Campbells. We're getting about 8 eggs a day from our ducks and the girls are getting back on the lay now so we are getting plenty of eggs. I hope everyone else's girls are earning their keep now.
We are getting some olive/green coloured little eggs I was wondering if the silkies we got from you Fancy could be laying them. We only have a Sussex, 6 australorps, a frizzle and 5 silkies left.
I hope everyone is healthy at the moment including feathered and fur babies.

Hi everyone, been a busy few months so I haven't been on here much. We've had a few wet days now too. The chooks were getting muddy feet. The ducks are loving it. I'm not sure if I said I now have 6 muscovies to add to my 3 Cayuga's and Rouen drake and 2 khaki Campbells. We're getting about 8 eggs a day from our ducks and the girls are getting back on the lay now so we are getting plenty of eggs. I hope everyone else's girls are earning their keep now.
We are getting some olive/green coloured little eggs I was wondering if the silkies we got from you Fancy could be laying them. We only have a Sussex, 6 australorps, a frizzle and 5 silkies left.
I hope everyone is healthy at the moment including feathered and fur babies.
Sounds like you have some Araucana blood in there somewhere. I only have 1 ara and I think you would know by looking at them if there were any crosses. :confused:

Fancy I am totally stumped. These are the girls I hatched from your eggs, no sign of Araucana in them. I hatched three others australorps and Sussex from another friends maybe theres something there but I can't see Araucana in any of them. Is that the only breed that lays green eggs. I had an Araucana but Bear got her months ago. Oh well maybe I'll find her eventually. We have completely rebuilt our main pen a couple of months ago and now its escape proof and Bear proof.

Attachments

• silkie 1.jpg
    silkie 1.jpg
    694.4 KB · Views: 4
  • silkie2.jpg
    silkie2.jpg
    695.6 KB · Views: 4
Fancy its going to be a mystery I think till I actually see who's laying them. I have 1 of my nephews chooks left, the others that I kept have gradually died off from old age. The one left is called rudy is summer and Trudy in winter she is a frazzle and she loses all her feathers in summer. He had them all together after he stopped breeding to sell. So maybe she's the one laying them. Your silkies are a real hit here, my grand daughters love em.

Sorry i have been mia again. We lost or beautiful Thor 2 weeks ago to bone cancer. It's such a horrible disease. He unlike Zeus (we had him, 16 weeks after diagnosis) only lasted 8 weeks and went down hill quick overnight.
Still no rain here it's so dry think we have had like 2mm of rain for the entire winter and are now on severe fire watch. All the girls are going along ok so that iis good.
Hope some of you all are lucky enough to be getting a little rain and that everyone's furry and feathered friends are doing well too.

4193B36D-A429-47D3-8E7D-5A7D7063A6E1.png
4186BB0A-62F0-4F08-8400-FD74BA30AEED.jpeg
Sorry i have been mia again. We lost or beautiful Thor 2 weeks ago to bone cancer. It's such a horrible disease. He unlike Zeus (we had him, 16 weeks after diagnosis) only lasted 8 weeks and went down hill quick overnight.
Still no rain here it's so dry think we have had like 2mm of rain for the entire winter and are now on severe fire watch. All the girls are going along ok so that iis good.
Hope some of you all are lucky enough to be getting a little rain and that everyone's furry and feathered friends are doing well too.
Oh sorry to hear that. It’s been a hideous 6 months here too. We lost our lovely Elsa ( ridgeback ) then there was a major sewage spill on our land and we have since lost 2 x heifers , our beloved Rosie and then Duchess and nearly lost Jack as well. With all of the investigations going on there I times that I feel like throwing the towel in. :(

Satay and Fancy I wish I could give you both a hug :hugs. I am so sorry to hear you have lost Thor and I'm sorry to hear about Elsa. It is horrible to see them unwell.

Fancy was it the sewerage spill that caused the loss of your heifers. I hope this is not affecting your health, you don't need that on top of everything else.

Our Bear has been sick too. We've found a wonderful mobile vet and she has done wonders for him. He is 10 1/2 now and that is not so young for a shepherd. For a little while I dreaded it when I called him and he didn't come, but he is a bit more active now.

Satay I hope you get some rain soon. Is the drought causing you a lot of problems. I have been watching the news it looks devastating, I really feel for the farmers.

I hope everyone is doing well now and gets the rain they so desperately need.

Satay and Fancy I wish I could give you both a hug :hugs. I am so sorry to hear you have lost Thor and I'm sorry to hear about Elsa. It is horrible to see them unwell.

Fancy was it the sewerage spill that caused the loss of your heifers. I hope this is not affecting your health, you don't need that on top of everything else.

Our Bear has been sick too. We've found a wonderful mobile vet and she has done wonders for him. He is 10 1/2 now and that is not so young for a shepherd. For a little while I dreaded it when I called him and he didn't come, but he is a bit more active now.

Satay I hope you get some rain soon. Is the drought causing you a lot of problems. I have been watching the news it looks devastating, I really feel for the farmers.

I hope everyone is doing well now and gets the rain they so desperately need.
We suspect that the sewage spill that was grossly underestimated lead to the death of the 2 x heifers, Duchess the grey mare and Jack ( thoroughbred) colicking very badly . Whilst we loss Duchess , Jack is still with us. My husband was very sick as he was down in the mud placing straps under the heifers to pull them out of the mud with the escavator.
It hasn’t stopped raining here.

View attachment 1506547 View attachment 1506546
Oh sorry to hear that. It’s been a hideous 6 months here too. We lost our lovely Elsa ( ridgeback ) then there was a major sewage spill on our land and we have since lost 2 x heifers , our beloved Rosie and then Duchess and nearly lost Jack as well. With all of the investigations going on there I times that I feel like throwing the towel in. :(
So sorry to hear that you too have had losses and a hard time of it with everything else. I sure can relate to wanting to toss the towel in sometimes. It's the first time in 24 years that hubby and i have not had a hairy person and it seems so lonely.(they sure leave a mark) I am hoping that when the time is right we will find another furry friend. Hope things improve for you soon. Forgot to add we still have TY aka grandad our 17 year old cat be he is slowing down a bit these days,

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom