Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Hey Guys,

My names Cassie and I was ushered over here by a kind person on my introduction post. I live in Bundaberg Region, QLD, and have a menagery of critters (2 chooks, 3 dogs, 1 bird, 1 cat, and soon 4 ducklings).

We've recently found out one of our ladies is in fact not a lady (bummer), but fingers are crossed the other is as we couldn't get rid of either.

I hope all of you are fairing well with this lockdown, and I'm excited to share more and get to know more people in this not so little community 🙃

Hi Cassie :frow

I'd love to see some photos of your chooks if you've got some handy :)

I've got 4 at the moment, in the backyard in Adelaide. They're pets and I love watching them when I'm not working at my desk. I've got a job that got superebusy when social distancing came in, so the chooks are helping me relax in between dealing with urgent stuff.

@MaryJanet - Thank you and oh my, I couldn't picture being so busy with all that is happening. I have family who work for MetCash Distributions (IGA etc), so they've had quite a lot of Over Time packing and loading.

These are our two, Ducky is a Splash Orpington Pullet, and Dinky is an unknown mix whobwe thought Pullet, but have been told Cockeral (people keeping saying he is- though he doesn't crow(?)). Both around the 5 month old mark now so hoping for eggs by Ducky fertile or not as we only really intended on the food side 😅

They have free range of 5 acres, but only really utilize 1/2 - 1 acre at most, and under the house isba great relaxing zone (we house their feeder and waterer there as they prefer it). And of a night they sleep in small dog crates inside~

IMG_20200405_180053_193.jpg
20200406_074317.jpg
20200406_080639.jpg

Hi everyone I hope your all safe.

:frow
Hey Guys,

My names Cassie and I was ushered over here by a kind person on my introduction post. I live in Bundaberg Region, QLD, and have a menagery of critters (2 chooks, 3 dogs, 1 bird, 1 cat, and soon 4 ducklings).

We've recently found out one of our ladies is in fact not a lady (bummer), but fingers are crossed the other is as we couldn't get rid of either.

I hope all of you are fairing well with this lockdown, and I'm excited to share more and get to know more people in this not so little community 🙃
:frow

@MaryJanet - Thank you and oh my, I couldn't picture being so busy with all that is happening. I have family who work for MetCash Distributions (IGA etc), so they've had quite a lot of Over Time packing and loading.

These are our two, Ducky is a Splash Orpington Pullet, and Dinky is an unknown mix whobwe thought Pullet, but have been told Cockeral (people keeping saying he is- though he doesn't crow(?)). Both around the 5 month old mark now so hoping for eggs by Ducky fertile or not as we only really intended on the food side 😅

They have free range of 5 acres, but only really utilize 1/2 - 1 acre at most, and under the house isba great relaxing zone (we house their feeder and waterer there as they prefer it). And of a night they sleep in small dog crates inside~

View attachment 2076859View attachment 2076860View attachment 2076862
Hmmm does look a bit like a cockerel with those long saddle feathers.

Back
Top Bottom