Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

It is... it’s good we finally got rid of that rain....not A cloud in the sky and the chickens are happy....(the ducks where happier when they could make duck slushly well most of them my Muscovy drake hid in the dog kennel the whole time..lol)
Yeah my chickens are lucky to have an off the ground coop which they all went into when it was pouring. My poor horse had his stable flooded

Yeah my chickens are lucky to have an off the ground coop which they all went into when it was pouring. My poor horse had his stable flooded
Yea my ducks had there house flooded I ended up putting the isa and Plymouth Rock into the same small coop as the bantams and giving the big house to the ducks.... 🤣🤣🤦‍♀️

Hi everyone happy Easter to all...
just wondering what incubators you all use...
I can only seem to find china ones and the one I have is crap....
could you send me photos so I know what I’m looking for please I have the opportunity to hatch some very rare breeds in both ducks and chickens but need a realiable incubator (the one I have has no vents doesnt maintain temp and always has humidity way to high and can’t lower it can’t change settings it’s basically a Mechanical paperweight).
thanks.
Hi Poultry mum, just saw your message. I have done a bit of incubating over the last 12 months. I started with a cheap amazon one that had 1 hatch out of three attempts with 6 eggs set each time. I moved to the janoel 12 and had good success but needed to incubate a larger number. I bought the janoel 18 and it was rubbish. Several degree difference in different parts of incubator and the turner broke on first use. In the end i splurged on a brinsea ovation 28 advance. It has been amazing. Holds temp and humidity and consistent temp across the whole incubator. I incubate for friends and family who want roosters and hens so it has been worth my while so far. I hope the brinsea holds up over time. It does have a 3 year warranty which my other models did not. I hope this helps.

Great to read everyone's posts and see what chicken fun is happening in Australia.

Ok for the price the cheapest I’ve seen them is $600... lol
I guess it depends, it’s a little over $100, but mine has only lasted 4 hatches before starting to die. So that’s over $25 a hatch.
If you only want to incubate a few times and perhaps not with valuable eggs then it’s fine. It’s also quite difficult to clean as a lot of gunk gets trapped where the electronics are.

Hi Poultry mum, just saw your message. I have done a bit of incubating over the last 12 months. I started with a cheap amazon one that had 1 hatch out of three attempts with 6 eggs set each time. I moved to the janoel 12 and had good success but needed to incubate a larger number. I bought the janoel 18 and it was rubbish. Several degree difference in different parts of incubator and the turner broke on first use. In the end i splurged on a brinsea ovation 28 advance. It has been amazing. Holds temp and humidity and consistent temp across the whole incubator. I incubate for friends and family who want roosters and hens so it has been worth my while so far. I hope the brinsea holds up over time. It does have a 3 year warranty which my other models did not. I hope this helps.

Great to read everyone's posts and see what chicken fun is happening in Australia.
thanks for the recommendation Louwin!

Back
Top Bottom