Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Totally agree a little silkie hen is the best incubator. They will hatch anything you put under them when broody, except golf balls. My problem is they get broody far too often. At which time I put them in a seperate cage with own water and food. For approximately 3 days which seems to break the urge to have chicks. :jumpy:frow

Hi all. Nice to see you all here! I'm from Tasmania,and have mainly Silkies and Game birds,plus some Beautiful Runner Ducks(thanks Ducky!!). Am a proud Mum tonight,my first Malay game that I bred hatched today,here's a photo(don't all proud Mums show photos?)
54191_dscf0638.jpg

's the first three,there are more to come.
Welcome all! Look forward to getting to know you all!
frow.gif
That's a lovely pic! Thank you for sharing.

Turns out google maps is worse than common sense in rural N Qld.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-04...k-queensland-street-view-inaccurate/100065310

Thought I'd better share in case anyone is relying on Maps to get from A to B up there.

Sorry it's not a post about chooks.

Dunno whether anybody else had the same experience as I did.. I once drove to the Royal National Park using our street directory book but on our way back home we decided to use our fancy GPS instead. We were led through an extremely deserted mountain road with no street lights and traffic for almost 2 hours of the way. Freaked the hell out of us and we tossed the GPS aside and opted for good ol' paper maps.

Hi nope. I use a rcom. They are a dearer incubator but to me worth the money more reliable with better hatch rates.
I just bought the best incubator for under $40 lol… would highly recommend be of these…mine cost me $35 but I had a special $5 off voucher thingy… and the best thing it arrived early and it was local…

Attachments

• 90380ECE-AAF5-46FE-8039-1DAC1BD7A8B3.png
    90380ECE-AAF5-46FE-8039-1DAC1BD7A8B3.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

Back
Top Bottom