Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Not me....though would have loved some as they're soooo cute! Some guy near where I live was selling unsexed Polish chicks for $5 each a few months back! 🙀 Only reason why I didn't get them was they don't lay many eggs.
I am not a fan of them but have a family member who loves them. She can no longer handle her current roo and is looking for a new one.
How's yours doing?
Doing good 😊 I just advertise my last few extras today cause the cockerels are getting too much for all the pullets, my roosters and hens can only keep them in check for so long.
One of my (many) pullets I think laid her first egg today, there's a slim chance it was Cloud's but because it was a fairly small and odd shaped doubt it was her.
One of my rooster also has some kind of ear infection, which I had a chat with my vet about, waiting to hear back/talk to her next.

I'm in the UK but our daughter and her family live just outside East Gosford. They have recently moved to a 17 acre farm and I'd like to get them set up with quality chickens. I specialize in the heritage French breeds and would like them to have the same as I know just how good they are. Obviously it's not possible for me to send eggs or birds, so what French breeds are available in the Sydney region?

I'm in the UK but our daughter and her family live just outside East Gosford. They have recently moved to a 17 acre farm and I'd like to get them set up with quality chickens. I specialize in the heritage French breeds and would like them to have the same as I know just how good they are. Obviously it's not possible for me to send eggs or birds, so what French breeds are available in the Sydney region?
Not sure sorry but you may wanna give Gumtree (gumtree.com.au) a go for starters. Just be aware that it's a marketplace that doesn't get screened thoroughly so you may get some dodgy sellers though I notice some commercial farms do post their adverts in there too. Hope that helps!

Another one you may wanna try is eggsellent.com.au.

Try contacting Chooks man, he specializes in Marans, including the French kind.
He is fairly active on the forum in the black copper Marans thread, I think, and is somewhere on that side of the state.

Hi all, South-East Qld here. I recently bought a pair of australorps that turned out to both be cockerels, is anyone perchance looking for a couple of new additions? Regional council says no to roosters unfortunately

Attachments

• 20230703_094646.jpg
    20230703_094646.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 2
Hi all, South-East Qld here. I recently bought a pair of australorps that turned out to both be cockerels, is anyone perchance looking for a couple of new additions? Regional council says no to roosters unfortunately
Hi! Good luck rehoming them. Are you ok with people eating them? If not, maybe put a small price on them. It'll take longer to move them on though.

Back
Top Bottom