Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Isn't Sam a handsome dude :)

2. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Think he might be in exam time now or he has found himself a lady friend :lol: He is a teenage male afterall :p

Last edited: Nov 1, 2013
  3. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Think 6 is very hard to find and would be really expensive to purchase Sam. Mine that I hatched came from a 5 I think it was. Fancy showed me a chart that had them all listed on. Do a search for marans egg colour chart then request a picture of their eggs. Rexy what colour so you think your ones that came from Christine were. I haven't got any from her yet as I had to purchase the pekin eggs.

4. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Nice picture Sam :)

5. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Yah Sydney :yiipchick :celebrate :cd Let the hatching bug begin :)

1 person likes this.
  6. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Chicken Obsessed

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    It's funny Ben , that JNL48 came with 240v power lead, but the egg turner motor was only 110 v. No wonder they are having so much trouble with that unit.

7. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia

:welcome

8. Kimbo71

Kimbo71 Out Of The Brooder

Oct 30, 2013
    Victoria (Australia)
    Hello there!

I am new to poultry. In fact I have no idea what I am doing. But I managed to salvage 4 orphan (wild) duck eggs last weekend an they have all hatched overnight except one. (I don't know how to link my intro thread, but it has pics!)

The fourth egg was badly cracked when the nest was destroyed but it survived and appears to be having trouble hatching and I am hoping someone can give me advice as to when I render assistance. It has not zipped properly but rather just made a hole in the egg. He has been sitting there with his beak poking out for over an hour.

Help!

[​IMG]

9. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia
    Hello :). Saw your other thread but have no idea about duck hatchlings I'm afraid.
    Did you go find that other thread someone mentioned in your original thread about someone else hatching a found Aussie duck egg? I remember they also were trying to work out if they should help or not and there was some good info on it if you scroll through it all.

10. megacakes

megacakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013

Uh oh. The only thing that's kept me safe from adding new chickens to my little suburban flock has been the fact that all of you are far away. It's lovely to look and dream, but too far away for me to do more than that. Now I find that someone is within driving distance....:D :/

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by