Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Chicken Obsessed

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    This little rummin came up on the verandah and ate my last lot of sprouts.[​IMG]

2. rexy

rexy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia

Man, your photos have lovely composition. You seem to have a very good natural eye. :lol:

3. Fancychooklady

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    I could take pics of Rosie all day.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Here she is trying to pick a fight with Harry.

4. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia
    That's a clever set up!! I used to sprout seed for my cockatiel when it was first starting on seed and was glad to be done with that small scale production :). Not sure I'd have the motivation to keep something like this up and running!

5. BriskRooster

BriskRooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 3, 2013
    Urgent! please help we had 12 hens then one white commercial got sick and we treated her meany different ways but nothing worked she died, as we thought it sour crop but now another got sick claw a red-brown commercial we treated her using Keir (a known good sour crop treatment) and a prescription antibiotic from a vet we gave her all that and she seemed to come back to normal but again she is slow sits down alot and has a dirt vent, then another spritey a black commercial started sitting down and her crest flopped down and she got a dirty vent, AND yet another! white toe another black commercial only today seems to be sitting down a lot and is sleepy. what could this be!? sour crop is not contagious like this.

6. BriskRooster

Mar 3, 2013
    ops! double post

Last edited: Nov 7, 2013
  7. Fancychooklady

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    There are several things it could be. Cocci, worms or vent gleet all come to mind. Are they laying?

1 person likes this.
  8. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia
    Can I ask what you feed them normaly? Looked at your other posts and you seem to force feed them some strange foods when they get sick. Mine got diareah everytime I changed from one food to another (ie just starter to grower) so the dirty vents and diareah could be unrelated to the illness and caused by what you are force feeding them and the fact their stomachs aren't used to it.
    I've had the odd sick bird but never needed to start force feeding, how long had they been not eating at all when you started doing that?

1 person likes this.
  9. BriskRooster

Mar 3, 2013
    they stop laying immediately

10. BriskRooster

Mar 3, 2013
    we saw that they where not eating and left them for about 1 /12 days just to see and they eat nothing, they're standard food is organic mixed grain and sunflower seeds and then medium shell grit and sometimes with livamol and Demetrius-earth mixed in, and all our organic table scraps and just rain water, and I'll explain the 'strange food': oats for carbohydrate kefir for the sour crop treatment yogurt to help kill of the bad bacteria (the good Bactria from the yogurt kills bad ones) and chai which is a healthy super-food also makes the mixture into a jelly like form.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by