Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia
    What gorgeous bunnies!! We had one a couple years back and my daughter would love another one but they are just too much hassle with having to mosquito proof everything. Its a bit crazy you can have them immunized for one mosquito born virus but not the other. We have horrid mozzies here so its just not worth it.

2. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Chicken Obsessed

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    We lost our little " peaches " a couple of weeks ago.[​IMG]

3. SydneyChickens

SydneyChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2013
    Sydney Australia
    :O

Ohhhh Fancy I'm so so sorry to hear that!.. I still look at the pictures I have of her.. Your daughters must be heart broken :'(

4. Fancychooklady

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Yes Sid, she died in the youngest 's arms. Very sad, made even sadder by the fact that little maple seems very lonely without her.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. IamSamSam

IamSamSam Chillin' With My Peeps

Love the bunnies. I had a black/smokey Netherlands dwarf. I'm son called him Rolley.

After I came home with my second son he attacked me every time I went near him. I had to give him away but before that he was sweet and would run the house. Cuddle up to us

It was sad he had to go.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  6. IamSamSam

Love the bower bird. Glad you could save it Apps.

7. IamSamSam

Ok I have a question about chickies. Once hatched dry and in a brooder. Can they be left for 3-4 days? If they have all they need eg water/food/heat ect

8. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    You probably could but I wouldn't just incase your heat goes out I nearly lost some due to the power going out when they were young. I would get someone to come by and check on them if you aren't able to be there.

9. Fancychooklady

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Yeah, I agree with satay. It's a fairly crucial time, not only heat , but if they are going to have problems with pasty butt, it's usually in the first week or so.

10. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Another lovely 15mm of rain last night. I could sure get used to it lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by