Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. SandeeC

SandeeC Chillin' With My Peeps

Send some down this way please? :) Looks like the little rain we did have is gonna dry out again soon. Wasn't even enough to top up my back water tank :(

2. megacakes

megacakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    Welcome to all the new names! Cute bunnies! We used to have some, but they became really good at escaping, and escaped into the wrong backyard, unfortunately. My husband came home late one night to find them (or what was left) in a pastic bag on the front doorstep, with an anonymous note saying our nextdoor neighbour had killed them. Nothing we could do, really, as there was no real proof, but I'm not particularly friendly with him now...

Some of you might remember me mentioning my friends in the Bega area who have started farming chickens for meat? They had their first processing day at the abbatoir yesterday...it's a great read, and if any of you are in the area and want to get involved, I reckon it would be brilliant to be able to produce your own meat, but have someone help with the icky part...

http://pearlandelspeth.blogspot.com.au/2013/11/thanks-chickens.html

3. SydneyChickens

SydneyChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2013
    Sydney Australia
    90% of female rabbits will die young unless they are desexed or having babies on a regular.. Almost all will develop cancer in the uterus.. I just had mine desexed she's not even two and she had signs of cancer already.. They're great pets but no one tells you about having a female desexed and a cheap pet soon becomes a very expensive one! Boys are easy and cheaper to desex but for females it's a big operation

4. SandeeC

SandeeC Chillin' With My Peeps

Female rabbits are exactly like ferrets if you don't have them desexed. All my ferrets were desexed as soon as they were old enough :)

5. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Wow i didn't know that.

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  6. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Bummer Sandee. Unfortunately the 40mm we have had is not enough to top up my big tanks either I am just so excited to see a little bit of green to the grass... Yeah i know i need to get out more lol

Last edited: Nov 12, 2013
  7. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Chicken Obsessed

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Well it's raining again here . The council has 4 tractors slashing the grass along the main road in readiness for the Huon Show this Saturday. Why they didn't do it last week, not in the middle of school bus run, I will never know. To add to the bedlam, the big semis hauling the carnival rides are all rolling in . On a brighter note, the forecast for Saturday is fine and 20 . Should be a good day for show jumping !

8. rexy

rexy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia

Jeepers Satay, what's going on, you are killing us?????? We should get more rain than you. I only got 10mm last night and that's the first we have had this week.

9. Beulah89

Beulah89 Chillin' With My Peeps

We've only had 3.0mm overnight. Come on tropics we're loosing!

10. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Your increasing in size each storm rexy. Fingers crossed for no rain for me (yes i am saying no rain) on Friday my handome son has his year 12 formal and they need to walk an outside red carpet at 3pm.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by