Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. SandeeC

SandeeC Chillin' With My Peeps

Helps that these guys are only 1 month apart :) But in saying that, my big girl loves the cat too, just it's not mutual lol

2. IamSamSam

IamSamSam Chillin' With My Peeps

Beautiful Fancy !

3. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    I'll try to get a picture of her today. I knew she was laying in there but I guess she took advantage of me being busy the last week and I didn't collect her eggs every day so she sat before i could lol.

4. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    [​IMG]
    The banana trees
    And look whats inside lol

[​IMG]

5. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

Aaaaw, lol, that is so adorable!

6. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia
    Okay not much happening in the dove forum so going to ask you guys. Our babysat doves have laid new eggs and are incubating this lot exactly as they should.
    From what I read you can candle day 5 ish but eggs are super fragile.
    Would you suggest I try or leave them be never having candled anything before?

7. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Gosh I don't know appps. I only have 1 diamond dove and she has not laid an egg since her mate died. I have never thought to candle the budgies or ring necks. Perhaps I will try that next time they lay.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  8. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia

I'm a little worried I might accidentally break it. Maybe I shouldn't be so impatient lol these exhibition breeds have pretty low fertility so I'd love to know if there is anything in there though

9. rexy

rexy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Gorgeous Sandee. i work at home a lot, and those dogs, cats and chooks do make it hard to apply yourself sometimes. I make up for it by working at night, when they are all asleep. :D

10. rexy

rexy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia

Maybe you should just let them do their thing then, Appps. Just assume they are no good becasue of the low fertility, and then you will get a pleasant surprise. :jumpy :yiipchick

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by