Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Chicken Obsessed

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    I'm with you satay, I've got a flock of ducks hanging around and turbo chooks. Problem is they all recognize a free feed when they see one. The turbo chooks make a lot of noise, usually about 2-3 am.:barnie

2. TheChookPatch

TheChookPatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2013
    I don't think I could have more than one Guinea fowl for the noise factor. I would have lost a lot of birds to foxes without her though. She has a particular alarm call that I just drop everything and run to check the fuss.
    [​IMG]
    13 or of 14 dark olive eggs hatched also!

3. rexy

rexy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia

Congrats Chook, you are having a great hatch. You will be even more overrun with chickens. :D

Mum teaching them to roost already.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. megacakes

megacakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2013
    I'm sure I saw a box on here for a noisy rooster that was lined with carpet. There were metal air vents all around the eaves that were all pointing down to minimise the noise. I believe it worked fairly well. There were pictures...was it in this thread? Does anyone else recall it?

5. SydneyChickens

SydneyChickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 26, 2013
    Sydney Australia
    Bbbbaaaaahahahaha Satay.. Imagine them in a suburban area! I think the worst we get is bush turkeys.. They aren't too noisy but DO NOT leave the house doors open if they're around! We have one around here I call him Bert, he came in and took one of my Gucci heels and we found it on his mound! And with legs and nails like his I was so scared to take it back I teased him off with food for the snatch!.. Poor Bert I think he may be gender confused with his passion for high heels hehehe

6. Bens-Hens

Bens-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

It was I who has the night box, haven't used it in a few months as we have been roo-less, but we have some little 5 week olds so we might keep one of them boys for a bit.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/792990/our-diy-rooster-night-box/40#post_12308334

7. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

Bubbies are 6 weeks old today ........ [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. SandeeC

SandeeC Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh Teila they are absolutely gorgeous :)

9. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

Thank you SandeeC .. I love them to bits! Obviously I am one very proud grandma [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  10. Millsy

Millsy Out Of The Brooder

So my 2 little frizzle pekins have decided that they are gonna peck the head feathers off our polish hen, poor thing has a bald spot now the size of a dollar coin any ideas on how i can stop them. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by