Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

I don't think I could have more than one Guinea fowl for the noise factor. I would have lost a lot of birds to foxes without her though. She has a particular alarm call that I just drop everything and run to check the fuss.

13 or of 14 dark olive eggs hatched also!

I don't think I could have more than one Guinea fowl for the noise factor. I would have lost a lot of birds to foxes without her though. She has a particular alarm call that I just drop everything and run to check the fuss.

13 or of 14 dark olive eggs hatched also!

Congrats Chook, you are having a great hatch. You will be even more overrun with chickens. :D

Mum teaching them to roost already.

Wouldthick rubber covered by carpet be safe for the chickens? That should dampen it enough so it won't disturb the neighbours
I'm sure I saw a box on here for a noisy rooster that was lined with carpet. There were metal air vents all around the eaves that were all pointing down to minimise the noise. I believe it worked fairly well. There were pictures...was it in this thread? Does anyone else recall it?

Bbbbaaaaahahahaha Satay.. Imagine them in a suburban area! I think the worst we get is bush turkeys.. They aren't too noisy but DO NOT leave the house doors open if they're around! We have one around here I call him Bert, he came in and took one of my Gucci heels and we found it on his mound! And with legs and nails like his I was so scared to take it back I teased him off with food for the snatch!.. Poor Bert I think he may be gender confused with his passion for high heels hehehe

I'm sure I saw a box on here for a noisy rooster that was lined with carpet. There were metal air vents all around the eaves that were all pointing down to minimise the noise. I believe it worked fairly well. There were pictures...was it in this thread? Does anyone else recall it?

It was I who has the night box, haven't used it in a few months as we have been roo-less, but we have some little 5 week olds so we might keep one of them boys for a bit.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/792990/our-diy-rooster-night-box/40#post_12308334

So my 2 little frizzle pekins have decided that they are gonna peck the head feathers off our polish hen, poor thing has a bald spot now the size of a dollar coin any ideas on how i can stop them.
barnie.gif

Back
Top Bottom