Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. Megans Chickens

Megans Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia

Yeh bruising makes sence and they are always jumping up the rocks and sliding off them from in our garden.. I will try washing tomorrow.. Do I just use my hands or a cloth or a Brush to get it off( if it's removable)?

2. Anniebee

Anniebee Chillin' With My Peeps

A soft cloth Megan I would think, and rubbing gentrly - - and I have had another thought .... good old vinegar in the water you wash the legs with. Vinegar is good for so many things, and I wouldn't think it would hurt the chickens at all .... seeing as how ppl give Apple Cider Vinegar to their chooks in their drinking water. A softish to medium toothbrush, if the stain is stubborn might be an idea as well. Might have to purchase a medium bristle toothbrush at your supermarket. Let's know how you get on with all the ideas given on all the posts here. It is interesting to say the least.

Cheers ......... AB

3. cluckcluckluke

cluckcluckluke Overrun With Chickens

If it is chicken pox, it will come up all on their combs, faces etc.
    There are many thread on it on BYc, just have a search and you will find a solution. I have no idea.

4. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Yes I agree with Luke in that I have no idea but I would guess bruising perhaps.

5. cluckcluckluke

cluckcluckluke Overrun With Chickens

It does look moldy, could be fungal.
    Did you try wiping it off?
    What did you find online?

6. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Some updated pics of the pekins and d'uccles.

7. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    [​IMG]
    And finally thank you to the lovely rexy. They are resting waiting to go on tonight with a few of my wellie eggs.

8. IamSamSam

IamSamSam Chillin' With My Peeps

Nice Satay. Hope those dark ones hatch and are hens! BTW calendar is on its way

9. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    thanks Sam :)

10. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    They are all really dark except the 4 wellie eggs in the right hand bottom of the bator. The light in here is just c....p so they don't show up well.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by