Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. IamSamSam

IamSamSam Chillin' With My Peeps

knowing you Fancy,you'll have a 44 gallon drum on the farm, put a mix of rat poison and chaff wheat and corn in the bottom and put half lid on it.

that's what we use to do to get the vermin in our feed shed.

2. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Chicken Obsessed

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Lol, I was just locking everyone up for the night and " muffin " our cat run past with a rat in her mouth. One down and counting........

3. Bens-Hens

Bens-Hens Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi all,

Just thought I would kick out a chrissy cheerful warning, make sure you keep an eye on your bank statements this festive season.

We just learned that our account has been breached, lucky for us it was only about $100 taken, but a friend of ours was just cleaned out of 10 grand last week.

Watch those statements as the scum are out in full swing. report any anomalies while your transactions are fresh in your mind.

All the best and stay safe.

4. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia
    Timely reminder Ben. Easy to miss when the cards are being used more than normal.

We got done about a year ago but it was the bank noticed. They rang to ask had I bought $200 of Skype time in the uk.
    My brother in Perth lost over a grand when someone hacked Kentucky fried and got all their customer card numbers from their purchase transactions. He got it back but it took a while.

Makes you wonder why we want this stupid pay wave stuff. I half think its so they steal smaller amount so they go unnoticed and the bank doesn't have to pay as much back lol

Last edited: Dec 15, 2013
  5. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Nice Rexy.

6. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Or I could lend you the carpet snake we have living in the roof of our covered area. I would say it's not quite a year old by the look of it. Looks tiny compares to our mila. Good for getting rid of rats.

7. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Yah post pictures when your new ones arrive :)

8. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    The last bit is the worst I think Sam. Just waiting. Did you candle them or are you waiting til lockdown. I will keep my fingers crossed for you for a fantastic hatch.

9. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    We had the same thing happen on our credit card a few years ago. They took $3000 for overseas some where. I had to contact the bank and they asked are you sure you weren't there. I had never heard of the place.. We got it back but it did take a while.

10. IamSamSam

IamSamSam Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi Satay.

I couldn't stand it so I candled them after i posted. One hasn't progressed the rest I hope are on track I can see the air cell and looks like the typical day 16 egg

I read somewhere that if u put wet paper towel in your Bator where the water channels are you can help stabilise higher humidity from lock down. Has anyone tried this?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by