Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

It's not good here SATAY...

I am having real trouble with the humidity ( temp is fine ). At the moment it is sitting on high 50 - low 60% humidity, which isn't good.
I can't lower it in anyway.
When ever I take the top of the humidity drops down to 48% in just a few seconds ( I am assuming that's the out side humidity % ).
I haven't had the water pump connected for 3 days, well because I don't need it.
I am about 4 days into incubation.
Is there anything I can do or should I just abort?
Don't stress too much about humidity. Correct temperature is much more important in incubation.

xxx M

Yes defiantly will. Starting to plan a quarantine coop for them. Is 2 weeks enough separation time?
Haha dad was trying to convince me to get peacocks, as he points out they are not chickens... Lol wonder where I get my rebellious side from...

P.s. That was replying to you Satay, forgot to quote...:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Yes defiantly will. Starting to plan a quarantine coop for them. Is 2 weeks enough separation time?
Haha dad was trying to convince me to get peacocks, as he points out they are not chickens... Lol wonder where I get my rebellious side from...

P.s. That was replying to you Satay, forgot to quote...:rolleyes:

2 to three weeks should be fine. Just watch them for any signs of illness. I would love peacocks too but hubby says they are too noisy... bummer....

Apart from out last hatch, we normally run 50-55%

If you are very concerned you can lay some foil over the water channel area to reduce the surface area, but I don't think it is too high. Are you incubating on their side or in a tray upright?

Also, so my last, the warning still stands, but today we got to the bottom on our two weird transactions. The kids school placed a book order through an eastern staes company, both kids orders were placed at exactly 15:33.11. We filled in the forms weeks ago so it looked odd only just showing up.

Still, keep an eye out!
O.k, I am much less worried now.
All is good!
Thanks.

Luke these are all pullets , bar one and they are all from the same parentage. They are blue laced red Wyandotte . I expected to get splash, black, but the 2 that look for all the world to be slw, threw a spanner in the works. Everyone that visits wants to buy them, but I decided to keep them to see how they feather out.
What, the 3 grey's and 3 blacks are Blue Laced Red Wyns?? That wicked. I would so get some of you if i lived closer.

Don't stress too much about humidity. Correct temperature is much more important in incubation.

xxx M
O.k thanks Ash. Ye my temp is running perfectly.

2 to three weeks should be fine. Just watch them for any signs of illness. I would love peacocks too but hubby says they are too noisy... bummer....
They are REALLY noisy! It's a wonderful, mournful cry, but when my friends had them, you could hear them two or three properties away!

Greetings from Maclagan, that little town near the Bunya Mountains on the Darling Downs in QLD that no one has heard of, hehe:)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom