Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    OK I had to post my funny phone call last night. I answer the phone to someone asking if I have any australorp chicks for sale. I say no. They then ask don't you usually sell them. I say yes when I have them but my incubator is full of marans eggs right now. They ask can't you take them out (throw them away) and put some aussie eggs in for me.. I say no..... They say really ... you can't I say no... again... The phone goes dead.....

Some people :rolleyes: Sure I will throw out my lovely marans eggs just for some stranger so they can have chicks,,,,,,,, think not...

2. IamSamSam

IamSamSam Chillin' With My Peeps

Lol some people have no idea. Too funny

1 person likes this.
  3. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Chicken Obsessed

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Mm, some people have no idea. I gave a lady day old unsexed chicks and she rang to tell me that she was going to bring the roosters back. I quickly told her that due to bio security i could not have them back at my place.

4. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia
    Satay - not just for some stranger but some stranger who might find them elsewhere while they are incubating and never come back. Sheesh!

Fancy - wouldn't you think people would ask that question before buying!

5. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Think it's me fancy. I had a call to pick up some 3 month old hens that a lady had she couldn't keep. Now before i continue this lady is a trainee vet.. Drove 40 mins to get them on Saturday and they are all roosters... Grrr... I have found a lady to take them but still. She really didn't know they were roosters.. It was quite obvious when you looked at them... Blame hubby for that one as it was his mates girlfriend.

6. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia

7. Fancychooklady

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    No apps, I spoke very s l o w l e y and said now you can HAvE these chicks, but they are unsexed and there will probably be some boys in their, but that's the gamble you take with day old chicks.

8. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    lol like the lady that rang about some free bantam rooster I had years ago.. This lady would have been in her 60.s I would say. She said great I will get hubby to come get them now. She them says how many eggs are they laying.. I said none they are roosters.. She says so will they start to lay again soon I said no they are boys... not girls they don't lay eggs,,,, there was a splutter on the end of the phone and it went dead... Surely by that age you know a rooster does not lay eggs.

9. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    For those of you that were around last Christmas you will remember me waiting for my little nephew to be born. Well little Liam turns one next Monday so a big party is planned for this weekend in Brissy. Gosh time flys..

10. Fancychooklady

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Here are those pics I promised of that possum and her baby in my nesting box.[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    And new chicks. Unfortunately we lost all of the light sussex to rats.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by