Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Here are those pics I promised of that possum and her baby in my nesting box.

And new chicks. Unfortunately we lost all of the light sussex to rats.

God, I hate rats and foxes. :mad:

Greetings from Maclagan, that little town near the Bunya Mountains on the Darling Downs in QLD that no one has heard of, hehe:)
WELCOME!
celebrate.gif
!!!

Hi everyone, it's been a while, but I keep reading all the posts.
So many new babies!
I had 5 good hatches of quail, on average 15-16 birds each hatch, and then my quails just quit laying for a while, so I bought some Sussex eggs and put 8 in my little incubator, my first time hatching chickens!
Four are pure light sussex and four are buff rooster over light hen. Day 8 today.

And I have an "araucana" quail
smile.png

Well done with the hatches and good luck with those Sussex. It will be interesting to see how those colours come out.
Wow! that quail egg is wicked.

Just wondering if anyone would be interested in a rooster! He is very beautiful! He is a neighbors rooster and I'm trying to take him as they only cut the heads off :( we are not allowed roosters in our area!!!

Gold Coast area!!! QLD

Fancy I love your possum pics. Thought I'd say however that they are a lot black than ours. Can you confirm what species they are? Are they brushtails?

Yes Sam,, they are brushtail. They are a lot bigger than ringtails. I have a video of one giving my hen a hug whilst she laid an egg. It's on my iPhone . Not the best quality, but I'll see if I can get one of my " tech savvy " girls to upload it.

Back
Top Bottom