Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Lets hope something comes up for you soon chook. Let me know when you get a new place and i'll get those wellie eggs to you :)

2. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Just saw all the crazy temps for down south today. Hope fancy hasn't melted down there. It's a rather pleasant 34c here today :)

3. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Last order of quail eggs picked up this morning and roosters from the other day gone as well. Hopefully things will be a little quiter around here now til chrissy :) Just got figure out a pressie for my grandmother who is 91. Hard to buy for someone of that age. What about you Luke ?

Last edited: Dec 18, 2013
  4. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia

Yes it quite strange, 41 tomorrow then back to 26 the following day. Chooks aren't going to know what hit them with this up and down weather. To make it worse I've got two in solitary confinement today for broodiness again. Not sure what to do with them tomorrow.

5. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Chicken Obsessed

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Mine are all panting with their wings down, time to hose the hazelnut tree. That's where most of them hang out. It's 39 .:mad:

6. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Thats crazy weather chook.. Appps put some frozen water bottles in for them for tomorrow.

7. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Chicken Obsessed

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    I just put frozen peas in their water. They loved it. Not only does it cool their water but it gives them something to take their minds off how hot it is.

8. Megans Chickens

Megans Chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Ok so I'm trying to rehome 3 roosters!!
    Have been hand raised and are very friendly. Been raised around children and are about 20 weeks old! They need a nice home with lots of space, as are used to being freeranged! If anyone could let me know if they are interested or know of anyone that interested please reply!

These roosters are in the Ormeau
    (Brisbane/Gold Coast) area QLD

9. rexy

rexy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Wow, it is a big year for snakes around here. I had never seen a python here before, and then two in a few weeks. This handsome chappy gave me a heart attack last night. I didn't see him, just touched him when I went to shut the coop door. :eek: and he's back again tonight.

Is this another coastal, Satay? Bigger than the last one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  10. TheChookPatch

TheChookPatch Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 22, 2013
    Wow that is amazing!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by