Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. rexy

rexy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia
    I'm hoping the Marans chicks, which are nearly 7 weeks old are too old for him to swallow. But this one must be about 7-8 feet, I think. (He's not lying out flat for me to measure. :lau )

2. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Chicken Obsessed

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    Rexy you are braver than I am! I would have a seizure . :eek:

3. rexy

Apr 1, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia

Most definitely not. I am now confident my heart is in good shape or I would have had a heart attack. :D

I had to go in the door underneath him tonight to do the water in the coop. Gotta say, that was a bit intimidating, but I got to see the underbelly. :lau

4. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Does look like a coastal rexy. We have a few around here at the moment too. It's warmed up now and they are looking for food. Rats etc. It's belly will be pink underneath if it is getting ready to breed. Coasties will leave you alone as long as you don't try to grab one. They are quite a timid snake.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  5. cluckcluckluke

cluckcluckluke Overrun With Chickens

6. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    I got rid of 7 roosters. Today 4 doz quail eggs but over the last month 52 dozen quail eggs... Busy month this. Sorry should have said a Christmas pressie for my grandmother she turned 91 last month but I have yet to find her chrissy present.

7. cluckcluckluke

cluckcluckluke Overrun With Chickens

8. appps

appps Overrun With Chickens

Aug 29, 2012
    Australia
    Wow Rexy. I'd never get the kids outside again if that was in our yard lol

Do you think it could swallow one if the 7wk olds ?

9. rexy

Apr 1, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia

I don't think so, but I know nothing about snakes (and don't want to). They are the youngest I have at the moment. You might be surprised, the kids might love it. They move really slow, so aren't really scary.

Where did you get rid of your roosters to, Satay? I need to do that. We have some growing out here, which we are supposed to process, but I have my doubts that it is going to happen.

10. IamSamSam

IamSamSam Chillin' With My Peeps

Cool I so love the snake !

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by