Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by duckyfromoz, Nov 16, 2011.

1. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    lol They should see Samuel my 2 year old nephew he loves playing with our snakes. He also knows that uncle lance is the only one allowed to touch snakes outside of the house. Recently they had a coastal in brissy in there back yard and he came in running telling my brother to ring uncle lance and come get the snake. Snakes will only bite if they are hungry or scared. Most snakes will get out of your way. The main ones to watch for are the tiger snakes and the death adder. The tiger will continually strike if confronted and the death adder will curl up and try to hide so you will very rarely see one else you step on it. Now just to freak everyone out a bit more for the morning lol. A death adder can bite it's own tail in 100th of a second... and yes we do have them out here.

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  2. Fancychooklady

Fancychooklady Chicken Obsessed

Jun 14, 2012
    Tasmania. Australia
    We've seen 4 snakes here in 14 years. A copperhead that the horses crushed, a tiger curled round a bucket of white bait that the kids had caught and 2 tigers flying overhead in the talons of our resident sea eagle.

3. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    I have only seen two browns in nearly seven years which is not too bad as we have all of them out this way.

4. IamSamSam

IamSamSam Chillin' With My Peeps

LOL I would add Satay that the Eastern or King Brown are just as bad. These buggers will attack for no apparent reason. They are aggressive and one chased my Pop (years ago) it dropped out of a tree to do so .... .... ..... .... It was at least 8-9ft

5. IamSamSam

Tonight is hatching time..... its 21 days at 630pm LOL

How long will a chick take to hatch once they Pip

6. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    True they can be Sam. Thankfully the two king browns i have seen here have just slithered away.

7. satay

satay oz-e-chick

Sep 2, 2008
    Esk Qld Australia
    Yah.. Some of mine take 24 hours from pip to zip and out, some alot quicker. Wish they were like quail they are as quick as to hatch. Fingers crossed they all hatch for you :)

Last edited: Dec 19, 2013
  8. IamSamSam

thanks Satay.....

9. rexy

rexy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia

No, it seems to take up that spot in the evening and stay there until morning. The last 2 mornings it is still there at 5am, but gone by 8am, and is back in place by 5.30pm. It doesn't care if I am there or not, I can touch it and it doesn't move. Maybe you need another one, Satay.

10. rexy

rexy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2013
    Gold Coast, Australia
    Good hatching vibes, Sam. :jumpy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by