Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Haha 'extra eggs' are what first got me on here :p I started getting eggs and couldn't bare the idea of them not being hatched (I knew nothing back then and must've thought they were living already or something) so I jumped on here to see if anyone wanted to take some off my hands :)

Thanks chick-a-deee, it's got herbs and grass in there, we have a bit of a fox problem in the daytime here so it is safer for them to be inside until my dog fence is finished... And DRY!!!! Yay! It's all paved underneath there...
Last Friizzle is zipping out now!

hey guys, sorry aint been here a while to reply and stuff.

Tomorrow i am goign to post some pictures.. This is really wierd. Lol. the two YOUNGEST chickens i got are now almost a half size BIGGER than the older Orange one.. err, my frist thougth, YAYA they are gettign enough food (two large Coffee Jars of Grains and grass/soursobs a day) - didn't realise how much 3 chickens woudl eat when i first got em) but my second thought is, what the hell!?!? the black one is freakn awesome, nice greeny'blue tinge to it. and has big black beady eyes, and it lets me pat it (if i grab the thing) Lol,. the grey one is also a realyl nce colour and the orange one is very vibrant as well.

My question is now though, WHAT fruit/vegetables can i NOT feed them (due to toxicity and such) i know Tomatoes, corn, apples and such are some of their favourites, but yeah, once a wekk or so just wanna give em some thing different.. ALSO, how frequent are they allowed to eat such foods? I don't wan them to be eating too much of somethign if it aint good for em. ALSO, when feeding them eggshells, does it matter if the shells are their own? or is it best to use other shells? or do i buy some special stuff from somewhere?
so sorry I am asking all these questions..

thankyou though

Wow Luke, your egg collection looks great! (Even if they don't include the Fav eggs, whoops on my behalf, lol
tongue.png
) how awesome are quail eggs?

I'm looking into buying eggs for the new season (Turkey eggs, Peafowl eggs and certain chicken breeds).... I'm also keeping an eye out for Emu eggs (to sell the chicks on, so maybe raise as I do have the space).

I've also just hatched another 50 quail chicks and found somewhere to sell them when they're older (a local produce store who's owner doesn't even ask for a commission on them).

Here are some pics of my Poultry slumming with the sheep.

What a beautiful spot colourful. I can just picture sitting there having the morning coffee with the sheep and chickens for company being a wonderful way to start the day. :)

We have an emu farm near us. They make me nervous lol. Just that bit too big for me lol

Your new chicken is lovely chook. Nice pics colourful. Lots like it's a beautiful spot where you live. Love my new candler chook. it is so easy to see development mighty impressed.
I'm with appps on the emu lol .

Back
Top Bottom