Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Anybody got any predator proofing ideas for Tazzy? and does anyone know if possums are an issue with food?
idunno.gif

Just candled the first incubator full and had some mixed results but I'm pretty happy :)
only 2 of six yokohama but I'm happy to have one!
All of the Terry hill eggs are developing :)
And what I'm most excited about, 4 (possibly five)of 6 of my own baby girl booker's eggs developing!!!

Just candled the first incubator full and had some mixed results but I'm pretty happy
smile.png

only 2 of six yokohama but I'm happy to have one!
All of the Terry hill eggs are developing
smile.png

And what I'm most excited about, 4 (possibly five)of 6 of my own baby girl booker's eggs developing!!!

Welcome 3 little chooks.

Pinky - is Booker your BR hen? Did you keep any of the BR hens from my eggs?

28 Light Sussex eggs just in the RCom. I moved the unhatched eggs from last batch
into the Freezerbator to hatch , if any more decide to.

Hi :frow

and by the way 'that funny little island' has a name ya know, Its called Tasmania, ever heard of it!!!
people these days. no respect for Tasmanians :barnie

Welcome. This thread was started way back when but duckyfromoz and wooklet from Tassie, Hence the name. Ducky was having a fun dig at wooklet it was all in good humor.

Last edited:
Well the quail eggs have gone into shut down.
Rockers off and humidity up to 60%, right?

Also, what do I do with that little ventilation slot?

Good luck Luke . Fingers crossed for a great hatch :) I don't open my vent at all til the first one hatches then I open only by a third.

Last edited:
Hi 3-little-chooks :)

I have 28 quail eggs in my incubator (all I could fit in). Day 3 today. When do I candle them?

Also Luke, question for you about meal worms. Should they breed now? Mine are not doing much. There are beetles in there, both dead and alive, but when I look through the wheat barn where they are I don't see any new worms. Am I being impatient?

Hi 3-little-chooks :)

I have 28 quail eggs in my incubator (all I could fit in). Day 3 today. When do I candle them?

Also Luke, question for you about meal worms. Should they breed now? Mine are not doing much. There are beetles in there, both dead and alive, but when I look through the wheat barn where they are I don't see any new worms. Am I being impatient?

Hey red,
I never candle mine but I would suggest day 10 would be good for candling them.

Back
Top Bottom