Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

So were they just badly packed colourful? They are such hard shells you would think they would be easier to post.
The box wasn't big enough for them but an auspost worker would have really needed to stamp on it as apparently the top was caved in. Of all the times for it to happen...

Before bandaid

With bandaid

Quote:
OK, all this hatching talk is making it very hard to stick to my timeline lol Looks great mate. Spoke with Katt via email the other day, I might get them all from her, only 'downside' id her 'lorps are all in together, including splash so it narrows down the odds of getting the blue, but I think I can live with that.

Hi Ben, great to hear you are hatching soon. It does narrow odds of a blue down a little but splashes and blacks are still gorgous too. The fertility in my eggs have risen but now the blues have stopped laying lol. I think a few may be going broody as it is spring after all. Can't win
lau.gif

Hopefully I will get some nice breeders from the chicks I have just hatched though. Now I have the long painful wait of sexing them and working out who stays and who will going to a new home.

Katt has very nice birds though so you won't be disappointed. How many eggs of each breed did you decide to get?

Last edited:
Hi Ben, great to hear you are hatching soon. It does narrow odds of a blue down a little but splashes and blacks are still gorgous too. The fertility in my eggs have risen but now the blues have stopped laying lol. I think a few may be going broody as it is spring after all. Can't win
lau.gif

Hopefully I will get some nice breeders from the chicks I have just hatched though. Now I have the long painful wait of sexing them and working out who stays and who will going to a new home.

Katt has very nice birds though so you won't be disappointed. How many eggs of each breed did you decide to get?
I am still up in the air lol, I have another week before I have to confirm my order, but I was considering 5x 5 breeds, but now with the added splash ratio I am thinking 6x 4 breeds. FWM, Wellie's, Rocks, Salmon fav's and Australorp's. Not sure which breed I would leave off the team but I think half dozens would give me better odds. I might hve to give the short list to Alicia and let her pick hahahaha

Hey Ben, my husband and daughter are coming to Perth on the 26 th, for the interschool national show jumping champs. Maybe I could stash some eggs in their day packs.
1f423.png
Hahahaha, only too tempting! Good luck at the champs.

Wow, they are keen. Tassie to WA.
I knew a bloke that flew to Perth to buy a car and drive it back to Tassie, these folk will use any excuse to get to the mainland :p

Back
Top Bottom