Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Not that I felt Fancy. She was fine yesterday afternoon and last night when I fed her.

Went out to feed her this morning and found her limping on her front offside leg. I did a quick exam before I had to get ready for work (ugh), cleaned out the hoof and couldn't see anything in it. Pressed as hard as I could in different areas of the hoof with no reaction.
Couldn't feel any obvious swelling or heat in the limb. I massaged her shoulder and felt some tightness in the muscle and she'd pin her ears back at me and move away when I continued to palpate it.
I'm hoping it's either an abscess or a muscle strain. Don't think it's laminitis though. I'll do a more thorough examination when I get home.

And thanks Satay, me too

Not that I felt Fancy. She was fine yesterday afternoon and last night when I fed her.

Went out to feed her this morning and found her limping on her front offside leg. I did a quick exam before I had to get ready for work (ugh), cleaned out the hoof and couldn't see anything in it. Pressed as hard as I could in different areas of the hoof with no reaction.
Couldn't feel any obvious swelling or heat in the limb. I massaged her shoulder and felt some tightness in the muscle and she'd pin her ears back at me and move away when I continued to palpate it.
I'm hoping it's either an abscess or a muscle strain. Don't think it's laminitis though. I'll do a more thorough examination when I get home.

And thanks Satay, me too

It sounds like she's in good hands, I hope she's walking normally real soon.

Oh I hate it when you HAVE to go out when something like that happens. I hope she has improved when you get back to her Kspot... Yesterday my duck BlueBell was just lying there not getting up and I HAD to go pick up my daughter from school, but I quickly set up a little hospital space with heat lamp and wormed her (again) gave her a dose of some baytril hoping it would do something but not really sure what is going on. This morning she was sitting up preening herself and looking much better. She is due to lay soon I was thinking maybe egg bound but really I don't know I can't find much info anywhere so I might have to take her to the vet...

frow.gif

Thanks Colourful and Chook.

I too hate when you have other obligations that pull you away from something like this. Ugh!
Unfortunately I work full time and won't get back to see her until roughly 5.30pm. At least she didn't get caught in a fence or anything like that, though mind you what is causing pain is obvious with external injuries!

I hope your little Bluebell will be ok Chook
fl.gif
for you.

Hello
frow.gif
How are your chooks going? Are they laying yet?

I HAVE PIPS!!!!!!!! One of the turkey's have pipped and 7 chicken eggs.

This isn't my first hatch but I can't help but stand over it, making nose prints on the lid of my incubator.

In another incubator I have 2 lots of my own turkey eggs. One lot is 8/9 fertile and the other is 14/15 fertile. I'm going to be drowning in turkey poults, I love it. I'll keep about 10 and sell the rest (I've already got their growing out pen made and ready).

On another note, I now have day old Ducklings too, lol. 6 Rouens and 2 Khaki Campbell. Whoops. I didn't actually mean to go in and buy them, but I'd ordered 8 KC ducklings after my duck passed away and they didn't come in until just now (about a month later) as the store I ordered from doesn't know what they're getting in until they arrive (they order from QLD and the hatchery doesn't know what's going to hatch so they just send whatever when they hatch, lol).

This isn't my first hatch but I can't help but stand over it, making nose prints on the lid of my incubator.

Haha Colourful, that put a smile on my dial
big_smile.png
I would be doing the same thing!

Good luck with the hatch - I want to see pics too when they're out and dry

Hello  :frow  How are your chooks going? Are they laying yet?

In another incubator I have 2 lots of my own turkey eggs. One lot is 8/9 fertile and the other is 14/15 fertile. I'm going to be drowning in turkey poults, I love it. I'll keep about 10 and sell the rest (I've already got their growing out pen made and ready).

On another note, I now have day old Ducklings too, lol. 6 Rouens and 2 Khaki Campbell. Whoops. I didn't actually mean to go in and buy them, but I'd ordered 8 KC ducklings after my duck passed away and they didn't come in until just now (about a month later) as the store I ordered from doesn't know what they're getting in until they arrive (they order from QLD and the hatchery doesn't know what's going to hatch so they just send whatever when they hatch, lol). 

Grats on your hatch so far colourful.

Back
Top Bottom