Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Hey guys. My wee chick has a bald spot. It is always more pronounced when he has a full crop. What could be causing it? No parasites, no pin feathers...

Also the back of my duckling's neck is bare...is that normal for ducklings since they nearly always have their neck curved and tucked down?

Not a great photo...he kept wriggling when I straightened his neck out to see it...

Hey guys. My wee chick has a bald spot. It is always more pronounced when he has a full crop. What could be causing it? No parasites, no pin feathers... Also the back of my duckling's neck is bare...is that normal for ducklings since they nearly always have their neck curved and tucked down? Not a great photo...he kept wriggling when I straightened his neck out to see it...
Hmm doesn't look good on your duckling. Are you sure the chick isn't pecking him? As for bald spot over crop, just about every chick I ever raised (squab, sparrow, mynah) looked like it had a bald crop at some point. I am not a chicken expert though

Hey guys. My wee chick has a bald spot. It is always more pronounced when he has a full crop. What could be causing it? No parasites, no pin feathers... Also the back of my duckling's neck is bare...is that normal for ducklings since they nearly always have their neck curved and tucked down? Not a great photo...he kept wriggling when I straightened his neck out to see it...
If this is not new it could just be the way it is feathering in. My first thought was lice but if there are none then that's about all I can suggest.

My Australorp had that too, exact same spot, can't see it now it's feathering in,

Back
Top Bottom