Australia - Six states..and that funny little island.

Awwwwwww! How cute Ash!

Haha appps it would make sense the way u were assuming. Yes i always try to use a mask when using the lime just in my bigish sheds it was really the only practical option and it has worked well for me :)

Sorry to hear about the chicks satay :-(

This was the inside of that black looking egg.. any help? Is it just a rotten egg? Ive honestly never seen one before.. lol..

Have left the eggs for 2 nights now and still no sign of broodies :-( will have to collect them today.

Thanks Rodney.
I can't say I have seen an egg like that either. Was it just collected the day it was laid?

Don't know how effective this would be, but might be worth a try.

Thanks Fancy. I really don't mind having the snake around. I will just make sure I am far more careful that he/she isn't able to get into the tractors. The snake is tiny compared to the ones I have in the house. So would not be able to eat anything bigger than a few day old Belgian. I should have had my camera out when I saw her to take a picture. She was very full on chicken.

Thanks Rodney.
I can't say I have seen an egg like that either. Was it just collected the day it was laid?

I think so but as it was on the ground i suppose its possible that it was laid elsewhere and moved so i only seen it that day.. really i could even have suggested it fell from one of the trees but its exactly the size, shape and colour (minus the inside) of my chicken eggs... Its so weird. Haha its very sweet that u are so nice to the 'evil snake'

I think so but as it was on the ground i suppose its possible that it was laid elsewhere and moved so i only seen it that day.. really i could even have suggested it fell from one of the trees but its exactly the size, shape and colour (minus the inside) of my chicken eggs... Its so weird. Haha its very sweet that u are so nice to the 'evil snake'

It's actually a stunning looking little snake. I have seen it many times up near the house. Red bellys are very docile and either just sit still or move out of your way. I figure its like taking a child to a candy store with all the treats it could want and saying you can't eat anything. It's up to me to make sure it can't access my chickens. I did say a few choice words when i saw they were missing though.

Last edited:
Thank you..
I tired the epson bath and i was doing the olive oil to help her, massaged her,i even gave her yougart. I was extremely gental and did an internal, the egg was fingertip to first knuckle. But at the end she was so weak, not eating, constantly sleeping, she passed away early this evening.

Belated I know - but I'm so sorry to here of your loss. Sounds like you tried everything.

Bloody lice!!

And a rooster who is attacking people!!

Baby ducks and chicks and fertile eggs coming on Saturday...so excited!!

Baby ducks how exciting I haven't had any for a few years now. My neighbour had a few hatch the other day so I got to cuddle with them.:)

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about your chicks Satay. The snake is probably in the best place though - for its own health.

Some lazy bast$§¥d just threw 2 Isa browns over my fence this morning. :mad: So much for biosecurity! I've isolated them and now have to find them a home before tonight. Any suggestions?

Back
Top Bottom